• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy's spay tomorrow o_0 UD/ Pics and questions :D

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
It may well involve crying lol..

I'm going to put her crate away soon and put the puppy pen up :) I'll put pictures on so people can give advice :D

Last edited:
Plenty of vibes for Poppy :wave: Is there any questions you have about post/pre op care? I'm sure everything will be fine :)

Eeek - don't worry (I know that won't help as you will anyway!)

I was so worried when mine went in!

Lots of vibes for it to go well - and a fast recovery!!

Plenty of vibes for Poppy :wave: Is there any questions you have about post/pre op care? I'm sure everything will be fine :)

Everything :lol: Never been through a spay :shock: she's a bit chub because she doesn't eat hay which is why I don't want a collar for her, she has a pellet diet and loves her egg biscuits which she has one section a day :lol: (not a whole one) she really doesn't eat anything else :roll: so stubborn :lol: but her teeth are terrible so :? she has managed to keep them at a good length since her 1st dental in April so the pellets are good :D I'm hoping for a bandange, (do they come out bandanged??) because I know she won't reach or chew because she doesn't chew either lol :D

When I've sorted the puppy pen (I need help putting the crate away :lol:) and I've put pictures on maybe you can give me some pointers? :)

Eeek - don't worry (I know that won't help as you will anyway!)

I was so worried when mine went in!

Lots of vibes for it to go well - and a fast recovery!!

I don't really know how I feel lol :shock: worried, scared, excited (so she can be bonded with Leo :love:) and just pretty aprehensive.. and (TMI) setting my IBS symptoms off :roll: :lol::lol: I think it's her age mainly that's worrying me (she's 4) and the fact she is allergic to dusty things :shock: AAAAGGGHHHH :lol:

Hope it all goes smoothly, just make sure you have her favourite foods ready for tempting!

We're going to take some pellets with us and part of an egg biscuit seeing as they are the only things she eats and tell them (even though they know but it's good to be prepared :D):lol: Going to put her hay rack in too just in case she feels like eating some hay (doubtful :lol:) maybe some parsley or herbs too, she likes sucking the flavor off :roll: :lol:

I'm sure it will all be fine :) I haven't heard of bunnies having a bandage on after spay, you could ask your vets if they use 'glue' and internal stitches or external stitches, if they use internal ones they will dissolve and bunnies can't pull at them. Good idea to take a pack up with her with her hay/pellets and fav foods, also maybe take a blanket with her so she has something with her from home. Try to check her tummy, I was too scared of handling Beano as I was scared I'd hurt her so I checked her when she was lied out. :)

I'm sure it will all be fine :) I haven't heard of bunnies having a bandage on after spay, you could ask your vets if they use 'glue' and internal stitches or external stitches, if they use internal ones they will dissolve and bunnies can't pull at them. Good idea to take a pack up with her with her hay/pellets and fav foods, also maybe take a blanket with her so she has something with her from home. Try to check her tummy, I was too scared of handling Beano as I was scared I'd hurt her so I checked her when she was lied out. :)

I've written it down :lol:

I hope they do use glue :? We were going to wash her pink blanket but we'll just put it in the carrier now :) so it will smell of her/her room :) she usually digs things in there lol :lol: Taking pictures now :)

We are going to take a panel out (maybe 2??) tomorrow but will leave it tonight :) and of course put the cover over :) I'll take the bear out but leave the tent as a 'bolt hole', we have a modified litter tray for her but using a puppy pad and an old top/blanket/towel in her usual one for tonight and she's using it fine without the hay :) should I take the arch out?? she never jumps on it and likes to lie under it, or put it back in after a few days? I'll put her hay rack in later too (and hope for a miracle :lol:)

IMAG0426.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

This is her litter tray :) I'll put a picture of the modified one up tomorrow :)

IMAG0427.jpg

Queenie herself :D

IMAG0428.jpg

And Pops modeling it :)

IMAG0429.jpg

When we have done it properly tomorrow I will put more pictures up and you can tell me if the bowls need to be closer or anything :D we bought her some pillows and covers for her to lie on if that's okay for her?? I thought it would be nice for her to have something soft to lie on :) or I could put them in after a few days? Any advice/criticism welcome :lol: :D

Back