• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Christmas Lights Bother Rabbits?

KarinB

Warren Scout
Our bunnies are in a hutch in the garden. Opposite them is our conservatory which has LED lights all around the guttering and we also have our Christmas tree in the conservatory with two sets of LED lights on.

When I switch on the lights I always put them on static as I am concerned that the flashing lights will affect them in some way.

Do I have anything to be worried about?

They do have a piece of carpet on the top of their hutch which overhangs the front.

just bumping this up for you, have you had a check on them when your lights are on, they may startle some bunnies if they havn;t seen them before, but if they are used to them then maybe they will be fine, if your bunnies have partial covering it may help block the lights abit

I don't think it would bother them, especially if they have a carpet over the front. Mine have to cope with the security light going on and off at random.

I set up an extension light that my dad made for himself years ago and has now passed on to me for me to use in the shed - thanks dad :thumb: - and it's hooked on the inside of the shed door. I turn it off when I'm done in the shed with the bunnies and as the switch is in the utility room I can't forewarn the bunnies it's going on (or off). As a test, I crept out and positioned myself by the shed window the other night whilst hubby flicked the switch. The light is fairly bright but the bunnies never flinched. So I'm guessing that your fairy lights won't bother them one iota.

Back