• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OH has agreed....

esupi

Warren Veteran
.....to free-range rabbits!

I've been leaving the door to their pen open whenever I've gone out for a couple of hours for the last 3 weeks while he's been away.
He got back yesterday and agreed we can try leaving it open all the time, with a view to getting rid of the pen completely! :)

We left them out last night and he got down on his hands and knees this morning inspecting 3 storeys of stairs, landing and hallways for signs of damage. :lol:

We won't allow them in the lounge unsupervised as they tend to chew the sofas/wardrobes/cushions etc, but everywhere else is now open to them. Of course they are spending all their time sitting in the same usual spots...

Lovely. It's wonderful meeting a rabbit when walking around the house. :)

One slight dampener (sorry)... Mine had been out all day for a whole week and had completely ignored a cable. So I thought they were fine with it. Then one day I found it all chewed through! They have been pretty good apart from telephone cables, loose edges of wallpaper, and house-plants however.

Lovely. It's wonderful meeting a rabbit when walking around the house. :)

One slight dampener (sorry)... Mine had been out all day for a whole week and had completely ignored a cable. So I thought they were fine with it. Then one day I found it all chewed through! They have been pretty good apart from telephone cables, loose edges of wallpaper, and house-plants however.

Thanks! The cables are already all hidden or bunny-proofed, as they're usually allowed in these places anyway just not unsupervised, and it only takes a few seconds. Hadn't thought about plants though - thanks!

Back