• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you mix Fibreplex and antibioitics (Septrin) ?

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
I'm having a little trouble figuring out when I should give the Fibreplex exactly and what to give it in as he already eats way too much banana :roll: So could I mix it in with the Septrin which I give twice a day? Or would that be wrong in some way?

It is a bit undignified, but have you tried painting it on his fur so he licks it off?

or are there any other foods he likes? Leafy things are quite good for putting small amounts of medicine on.

I guess I could put it on his fur, but he wouldn't be amused!

He's so incredibly picky, that's the problem. He doesn't like any leafy things except dandelions, which I'm growing in a tray indoors, but they're only about an inch high so far :lol: Hardly enough for a good meal! I put it in a bit if carrot today which worked fine but I'm worried about the amount of sugary stuff he's eating :?

Could you add water to his daily pellets and mush them up (or use recovery food) and then add the fibreplex and septrin?

What are u using fibreplex to treat? I used to put it on leaves and veg for Charlie but it became so crucial in the end that we had to syringe it straight into her mouth to avoid losing any of it. Do you have anyone that can help u do that?

Yup definately. Anti-biotics often upset bunny tummys so having something like fibreplex can help keep it settled :)

What are u using fibreplex to treat? I used to put it on leaves and veg for Charlie but it became so crucial in the end that we had to syringe it straight into her mouth to avoid losing any of it. Do you have anyone that can help u do that?

I'm only giving it to him as a precaution really, in case the antibiotics upset his tummy (been on them for a long time now :() so it's not exactly an emergency. If it was, I would probably syringe feed it yeah, whether he liked it or not!

If I want him to eat it by himself I don't think I should mush it up at all, he's made it clear that he will only eat solid food :roll: In that case I'd have to syringe feed him which I want to avoid if possible as it stresses him out so much.

He did some funny poops yesterday but after giving him Fibreplex they've gone back to normal :) So it definitely seems to be helping which is great :D

With Matilda who hates fibreplex, i squirted it into the middle of a chunk of banana and she woolfed it down also spread of on small pieces of bread x

Back