• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charli and Lolas 10 day old kits ahh, Video added

Charlie & Lola

Warren Scout
:love::love::love::love::love:
P1040058.jpg

Last edited:
Thank You

Kits are 14 days old today, when can we start to handle them ? hubby said the nest is starting to stink!! can we move them to the other side of the hutch so we can clean the corner they are in ?

Oh and I came home from work on friday after collecting Charlie from the vet and hubby had set up an old cctv camera above the nest :thumb:, and wow to my amazement we were getting ready to go out yesterday afternoon and I turned on the tv in my bedroom and found Lola feeding them and when she finished we watched the kits for about 10mins before the buried themselves OMG melted my heart :love::love:

Kits are 14 days old today, when can we start to handle them ? hubby said the nest is starting to stink!! can we move them to the other side of the hutch so we can clean the corner they are in ?

Oh and I came home from work on friday after collecting Charlie from the vet and hubby had set up an old cctv camera above the nest :thumb:, and wow to my amazement we were getting ready to go out yesterday afternoon and I turned on the tv in my bedroom and found Lola feeding them and when she finished we watched the kits for about 10mins before the buried themselves OMG melted my heart :love::love:

I don't know about handling I'm afraid, but please post the video!!!!!

SamanthaJane sadly It wasnt recorded, He had taken the sd card out so I could watch it live constantly as opposed to recording, when the infa red recognised movement :roll: but it was really thoughtful of him to do it for me... he said he will put the card back in 2morro and hopefully get a recording,

I never expected to see her feeding from all the info they do it at night time and this was 2.30 yesterday afternoon :love::love:

You can handle them from birth as long as your hands don't smell of anything strong (predators, other rabbits, soap, etc) and mum is not stressed, so you ccan hold them anytime from now. You can give mum a treat to relax her, however, if they are outside you are going to struggle because they need to stay wrapped up. If they are inside then you'll find it easier.

They are luscious :) Baby bunnies are amazing. Take lots of photos, every day, because they will change so fast and you won't believe what they did look like. They will also start to learn new skills everyday which is also amazing to watch.

Thanks Sky-O unfortuatnely they are outside, so maybe we will wait a while just thought it would be more comfortable if we could freshen it up!! mum is a little agrresive towards us..only when we are trying to give her food,, we have been able to check up on little ones while she is out running the garden and has not noticed us been near the nest :)

I think if their eyes are about to open you do need to change the nest because conjunctivitis at this age is exceptionally common. What I would do is get mummy bunny running in the garden like normal. Get a shoebox and transfer as much of the nest, and the babies, into the shoe box and put that in somewhere with a comparable temperature but a bit warmer (so a garage with no car fumes, a shed, etc). Then give the cage a thorough clean out and refresh the nest, and then have sneaky strokes of the babies, and transfer the babies and all the nest you salvaged back into wherever the nest was.

As mentioned above, make sure you have nothing that the smell of will unsettle mummy bunny on your hands (so don't smell of daddy bunny or another bunny, or of a predator like a cat or dog, or of freshly washed hands like soap).

Are you giving mum unliited food? Are you also piling in loads of hay?

Was mum food aggressive before?

thanks for the advise, and yes mum was food aggresive before she became a mum!! I give her 100g nuggets,spoon full os Oats, fresh Veg and unlimited hay!! should I starting giving her 200g of nuggets ??

She needs unlimited nuggets :) (so always ensure the bowl has pellets in it). It's good that she hasn't become aggressive, although it's a shame it hasn't eased. Hopefully when the kits are older and you get her spayed she will chill more.

Thanks Sky-O

OwnedByRabbits pics of mum and dad are half way down pg 6 :)

Hubby caught them hopping around the nest today will try post the video later :love:

Back