• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Snow

Emily16

Warren Scout
Ok so it might not happen but where i live might get snow on friday and i was wondering how rabbits cope in it....
Archie always dives out his cage when he's fed but he will get a shock when he its snow if we get any... So if its ok would it be best to only let him out in it for 5-10 minutes and would he be alright to go straight back in the cage or would it be best to let him play inside for a while to dry back off?

We are due the snow too...mine have open acces to their run (I leave the downstairs hutch doors open) and I have clear tarp over the run and a weather cover on the hutch. I will put all the covers on and leave them to it :) They will go inside the hutch if they get cold! :)

Is your bun an indoor or outdoor bun? If he is an outdoor bun then he will have his winter coat and should be fine in the snow? what set up do you have hutch/run etc?

Dont take him into your house if he is an outdoor bun though!

If he's an outdoor rabbit he will be fine. Mine find it quite interesting I think. As long as they have somewhere dry to shelter.

He's an outdoor rabbit he has his hutch and then a fenced off aprox 10ft by 4ft area but he cant be out there at all times as he has to be supervised as its not enclosed off its just open apart from the fence to stop the dogs getting in but theres cats in the area so someone has to sit out with him

Back