• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Possible pasturella advice please

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
We took Blossom to the vets about a week ago as she didn't seem right. She had a clear nose passage and good teeth and we thought it might be pasturella flairing a little bit as the group is a little bit tense at the moment (Skittles hormones started up) but she's been spayed today. So when we pick her up I'll mention it to my vet as he did say if she isn't right then he might pescribe something just to keep anything at bay.....well, her left eye is a little runny/wet with a very thin clear fluid (like tears). Maybe its because I've brought her inside for a few days/night? She's hopping about fine and eating well. She just seems so, for lack of a better word....moody! and stubborn :roll: She is the group leader after all I guess!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are bringing her in, she will have to stay in until march/april as she will shed her winter coat and will be extremely cold :(

Bringing them in for a few days and back out again aggrevates respiratory problems.

Bringing them in for a few days and back out again aggrevates respiratory problems.

This. A runny eye is classic of temperature change. I have to feed Grim separately and he comes into my unheated kitchen for his medicine etc and even that has set him off a bit.

Well I thought about this but my vet said it shouldn't be settling it off like this IF it is pasturella. We're still putting down to group dynamics, but the moderator has changed the title to pasturella for some reason. She's fine and she'll be happy back outside...and to be honest....there isn't really much of a choice of her going back out

If she goes outside after being in a heated house for 5 days, you are asking for her respiratory issues to flare up and for her to possibly suffer as a consequence. Many of us have learnt this the hard way, which is why we may seem so blunt with the facts, but sometimes, when it's an issue close to our hearts and we have knowledge, it seems so wasteful for others to learn the hardway too.

Bringing them in for 5 days wont do that I don't think:lol:

I think perhaps it may be worth you doing some research into this before you comment like that, and laugh about it.

Back