• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Kenzo Please/ UD not eating again.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
We took Gypsy and Kenzo to the Vet's yesterday , Gypsy has had to have a dental and Kenzo is very poorly with a blocked cecum , he has gone into GI stasis and we are syringe feeding him every so many hours through the night. He has been back to the vets this morning and has had a Vetergesic injection but at the moment he is a very poorly boy and could we have some Vibes for him please because at the moment we are really feeling quite down with so many sick bunnies.

Thank You
xxx

Last edited:
Oodles of vibes for you all, it sounds like you really need them.

Poor buns, and poor you having to watch them suffer.

It sounds like your doing everything you can.

Someone reccomended gripe water for poorly tummy buns, dont know if you want to give it a try?

Poor lad :cry:

I have seen fantastic results usng aggressive fluid therapy, both sub/cut and oral along with Lactulose and Domperidone. Pain relief too of course.

The Lactulose is an osmotic laxative, drawing water into the impaction to soften it. I was then able to manually break the impaction down, as shown by our Vet. The Bun managed to clear his cecum, but it took almost a week :shock: During this time he had supportive feeds and he was encouraged to exercise as much as possible

Vibes being sent xx

Poor lad :cry:

I have seen fantastic results usng aggressive fluid therapy, both sub/cut and oral along with Lactulose and Domperidone. Pain relief too of course.

The Lactulose is an osmotic laxative, drawing water into the impaction to soften it. I was then able to manually break the impaction down, as shown by our Vet. The Bun managed to clear his cecum, but it took almost a week :shock: During this time he had supportive feeds and he was encouraged to exercise as much as possible

Vibes being sent xx

Thanks for this Jane I have made a note of it, he is on both sub/cut and oral fluids and being syringe fed every so many hours to keep the gut working and we are trying to keep him warm as his body temperature is quite low and he is also on pain relief.

xx

Oh I do hope Kenzo will be alright.
Sending him get well vibes.

I cant bear to hear of any more poorly buns, I am hurting so much myself.

Update Friday 16th Dec.

Been back to vets this morning for x ray and his cecum is very blocked , he is on lots of meds and syringe feeds and fluids and we have to keep trying and he's back at the vets tomorrow again :(

Back