• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ginger just lunged at me, i managed to avoid it and she bit Biscuit instead :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I was stroking Biscuits head giving him a nose rub, she got jealous i assume and lunged at my hand (quite a common thing) and managed to move, but Biscuit got the full brunt. She ripped a good chunk of fur out of him and he looks a little bald.

He was petrified of her and did the 'bunny backing up' shuffle as she approched and hid in a corner :(

They are now lying together in their pen attached to the dog crate, as i've restricted their space for a bit to try and keep them close together - no further signs of aggression from either.

Could this be Ginger defending her 'top bun' in the hierarchy whilst feeling rough?

She's been really bright for the past 2 days and was exceptionally bouncy today and Biscuit was exceptionally affectionate towards my wife and me grooming us and accepting nose rubs etc.

Oh goodness, I'm sorry to see this update. :(

I don't have direct experience of this obviously, but I have two sponsor buns who had a fight a couple of months back, and this was put down to the boy reacting to the deteriorating health of his wifebun. In this case the well bunny seemed to take the initiative, but I suppose it could work the other way.

Sorry to hear this has happened, hope poor biscuit is ok :(

Cupcake can be very protective like that over benji sometimes, she hasnt yet lunged at me, but has at my partner and my vet!

I know your circumstance is the other way around, but I would say its possibly the same intention?

Was you fussing Biscuit at the time? Nutmeg will lunge at me if I fuss Smudge while she's in the immediate vicinity unless I fuss them both at the same time.

Widget does this too. But I don't think it's because she wants a fuss and she's in good health currently. I think she is just jealous of Sprocket getting attention.

my Lola nips my partner when hes giving fuss to her husbun and will then proceed to push herself under her husbuns face and looks at my partner as if to say hes mine. but shes never nipped me, she will grunt and slam her rattle toy with her front poors if i pick it up. Shes in perfect health too and she will quite happily let me pet her she just seems to be very protective over what is hers. She gets annoyed when her husbun licks me too and will push her self infront of him for grooming. So hes taken to waiting till she cant see and giving me secret licks. But she seems to be getting better with me petting her husbun eb and him grooming me now. She gets lots of fuss too but is more a rabbit rabbit than her husbun EB :D

Poor Biccy :( I hope he's ok and that Ginger behaves herself now! Perhaps she's just frustrated at being poorly? :?

Aww,bless both of them. Is Biscuit ok? Is there any blood? Maybe Ginger's upset at being poorly and is needing more attention? I say this as when George is unwell, he wants loads of cuddles, but normally he's not very cuddly at all!

Back