• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hopscotch is to be de-manned...

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
Tomorrow :shock:

I rang the vet last night and he wants me to take him in tomorrow, to have a look up his nose and see how the abscess up there is getting on! It has been 5 weeks since we last went, so we're doing well! At the beginning we were going every 1-2 weeks to have the pus flushed out, but this time he has held it off for 5 weeks before the sneezing and pus came back.

Anyway, whilst I was on the phone, I mentioned that Hopscotch has been getting "a bit humpy"! He mentioned before (the vet, not Hopscotch) that he as he goes under a GA every time he has his nose looked at, he could castrate him at the same time on one visit if I wanted. And as he seems to be doing much better with his nose at the moment I thought maybe we should just go for it now.

So... I am dropping him off in the morning! I broke the news to him gently... his reaction wasn't quite what I hope for though.

afc3c3b5.jpg

:lol: I think he would prefer to be de-maned!

Just got to work after dropping him off... my poor little man!

Big vibes for the little man.:love: Hope you can stay calm. I srank 15 mugs of strong black tea the day Spenser went to the Plum Fairy. :oops:

Good Luck!
(I got a bit confused trying to find out why he was going to have to have his mane shaved off... :oops::lol:)

Thanks everyone! I'm not too worried at the moment; it's not his first GA! Just trying not to think about it!

I'm not sure what time he's being done, but I don't expect to hear from the vet during the day, I'm just going to pick him up at 6pm (and be home about 7pm!) as usual!

Back