• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welded mesh!

The lower the number, the thicker the wire is. 19 gauge is fine and is the minimum thickness I would use - 16 gauge is stronger but can also be very hard to work with due to that fact.

As Stator said though, I would go for one with smaller holes. :)

The lower the number, the thicker the wire is. 19 gauge is fine and is the minimum thickness I would use - 16 gauge is stronger but can also be very hard to work with due to that fact.

As Stator said though, I would go for one with smaller holes. :)

i found a 16 gauge 6m roll think that should do a 7 by 3 foot run

We used 19 gauge 1" x 1" but used two layers on each panel, offset so effectively 1/2" x 1/2". We chose to do this as found a good deal on 30m rolls, but obviously you need twice as much mesh.

We used
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Weld-Mesh-Wire-1x1x19g-30m-Rabbit-Hutch-Aviary-Fencing-/230715220068?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV&hash=item35b7b2e064#ht_678wt_689

But there might be somewhere closer to you.

Remember you'll get some wastage where you have to cut it, and that it is difficult to join in he middle of a panel. Have you got some good cutters and work gloves as cut edges are sharp!

dads doing it not me im supervising :lol:
for now i have to get just one roll since its £26 a roll :evil:
dad somehow thinks he can still do it with just a 6m he find out when he runs out wont be making it till after christmas tho :)

Back