• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

............ :/

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
It really really annoys me when people lie about there age of their pets!!!

Someone i know their guinea pig had to be pts and I saw on their status
R.I.P 10 years old not bad for a guinea pig
when I know for a fact they got the guinea pig a few months before mine and mine is 6 & half years old, well hers could of been 7 but I definitely was not 10!! :roll:

And the funny thing is, I was speaking to her a few weeks ago and she said on facebook she was 8, funny how quickly she aged :?

No no :lol: I meant the person who put that status. It's a very odd thing to say :? Unless it's true :lol:

Ikr :roll: its very odd.. ok they are great friends of my family but... they tryed to say their rabbit was older when it was pts. they had a nethie in a 3ft hutch :shock: it was'nt spayed and was very hormonal... i think it had to be pts at 5 years old because it kept going onto its side and could barely walk this was 4-5 years ago now :roll:

Ikr :roll: its very odd.. ok they are great friends of my family but... they tryed to say their rabbit was older when it was pts. they had a nethie in a 3ft hutch :shock: it was'nt spayed and was very hormonal... i think it had to be pts at 5 years old because it kept going onto its side and could barely walk this was 4-5 years ago now :roll:

What a shame :( I don't think some people realise how much care/attention animals need. Like sticking rabbits/g'piggies in small hutches because that's what is sold to them. When in reality, small hutches were the Victorians way of 'storing' the rabbits until they were killed for meat :( not a full time home, just temporary, but that's how it was then, and still is now in some places :evil: old habits die hard I suppose :roll:

What a shame :( I don't think some people realise how much care/attention animals need. Like sticking rabbits/g'piggies in small hutches because that's what is sold to them. When in reality, small hutches were the Victorians way of 'storing' the rabbits until they were killed for meat :( not a full time home, just temporary, but that's how it was then, and still is now in some places :evil: old habits die hard I suppose :roll:

My bunnie bella has a 4ft hutch which is open all the time and just has hay in and lino floor, she goes in when she is cold but we never shut her in, sometimes we shut her in to brush the shed floor which takes minutes :D

My 2 bonded buns have a double 5ft hutch, its not great in height , at the moment they are shut in as we are half way through insulating the shed, bella's hutch has been put into a run while we finish the shed off (they are still in the shed as its nearly complete and only 1 bit to finish) then they can have their pens built up again, cat flaps put in and also outdoor runs :D excited :lol: lol

sorry for bad spelling my contacts are a bit blurry :oops:

My bunnie bella has a 4ft hutch which is open all the time and just has hay in and lino floor, she goes in when she is cold but we never shut her in, sometimes we shut her in to brush the shed floor which takes minutes :D

My 2 bonded buns have a double 5ft hutch, its not great in height , at the moment they are shut in as we are half way through insulating the shed, bella's hutch has been put into a run while we finish the shed off (they are still in the shed as its nearly complete and only 1 bit to finish) then they can have their pens built up again, cat flaps put in and also outdoor runs :D excited :lol: lol

sorry for bad spelling my contacts are a bit blurry :oops:

:lol: That sounds brilliant :thumb: and hard work :lol: you'll have to put pictures up! Yeah, my Lola has a double 4ft hutch attached to a 7 x 4 run, she moved into it when Donny got his 6 x 2 x 2 hutch and now his 6 x 4 run and decking :lol: when she is spayed I hope to bond her and Don and they can move in together :lol: Leo is in a 5ft hutch with attached 5 x 5 run, which is a damn sight better than the 4 x 1 x 1 single mess he was in for 4 years of his life :( but we have him now and he is perfect :love: Poppy has her 48inch dog crate and her own (my bf's) bedroom :lol: although Friday when she is to be spayed we are putting it away and getting the puppy pen in so I can clean up/access her easier :)

I was only bothered about Don being in Lola's set up now because he is a huge bunny :lol: and Lola is small so it must seem huge to her! He grew out of it, and now the garden looks tidier :lol:

UPDATE - I'm devastated :cry: Went in to bunny shed to check on the pets this morning and twiglet was lead down and I honestly thought he was dead :( picked him up, put him on the floor to see if he could walk and he kept falling :cry: rushed to the vets and they said it apears that he has had a bleed to his brain, he kept falling so we had to have him put to sleep, he was so skinny and frail. It was devastating, they gave him the injection I cuddled him, then they checked and he was still breathing, within 20 mins my baby was gone :( miss you twiglet you were the best :'( tribute video to follow later .....

Last edited:
UPDATE - I'm devastated :cry: Went in to bunny shed to check on the pets and twiglet was lead down and I honestly thought he was dead :( picked him up, put him on the floor to see if he could walk and he kept falling :cry: rushed to the vets and they said it apears that he has had a bleed to his brain, he kept falling so we had to have him put to sleep, he was so skinny and frail. It was devastating, they gave him the injection I cuddled him, then they checked and he was still breathing, within 20 mins my baby was gone :( miss you twiglet you were the best :'( tribute video to follow later .....

Oh no :( I'm so sorry :( xxxxx

Oh gosh, how sad :( So sorry, *hugs* and popcorn free Twiglet xxxxx

Last edited:
Back