• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Running out of medicine

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
Has anyone else had that problem?

It has now happened to me twice. Once it was obvious the vet had given me the wrong dose and I had to go back as I was two weeks short!

Now Simba is on Septrim 1.2ml twice a day for 10 days. Well day six and I am not sure there will even be enough for this evening. I can't afford to go to the vets as it will cost me £20 to get there as I don't drive. Although I guess I will have to go back and live on soup.

It just seems to be adding £20 on to my vet bill each time. It's really bad. My first vet wasn't rabbit savvy and this one is. I did waste a bit due to Simba moving her head at the last visit this time! But that is one dose.

:evil:

Boris is also on Septrin (called Bactrim here but it's the same stuff) and was going to have it for 20 days, well it has now been 14 days and I'm almost out of medicine :? There's no way it's going to last for another 6 days :roll: Going to phone them tomorrow and ask if I could please have some more :p

Speak to the vet and explain that the dosage was obviously wrong for what they charged you. If it was my vets, they'd give me the rest F.O.C.

Oh yeah, 1.2 ml seems quite a lot to me? It's twice the amount Boris has :shock: But he's a small bunny, he only weighs about 1.38 kilos. Is Simba a big bunny?

Oh yeah, 1.2 ml seems quite a lot to me? It's twice the amount Boris has :shock: But he's a small bunny, he only weighs about 1.38 kilos. Is Simba a big bunny?

Ginger & Biscuit both had 1.5ml :wave: Ginger is 1.78Kg's, Biscuit is 2.1Kg's.

Phone them and ask them to fax a prescription to your nearest vet's - then you can pick it up from somewhere that will be easier and cheaper to get to.

Is this because medicine has been wasted when she's been refusing to eat the food you put it on?

They do give *very* exact amounts sometimes, with little room for wastage. I had that with Ada's gut stimulants.

I rang them. It was their mistake and they realised the amount they gave me is wrong so they are sending more out to me in post free of charge.

I thought the bottle was very small!

Back