• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy's spay.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I'm worried. Just because it is something out of my control and all I can think are the "what if's" :(

If they don't give me any painkillers for her, can I ask for them and they will give(sell) me some?

We are going to take some of her food with her and part of an egg biscuit for her (the only other thing she will eat apart from her pellets:shock:)

I just keep freaking out... I don't want to lose my little girl :( I don't think her sneezes will affect anything.. she was okay for her dental.

Instead of the dog crate we are putting the puppy pen up, it will be easier to clean, and administer any medicine or to check wound :shock:

Scared scared scaaaaarrreeedd :(:( Arghhhh!!! Grow up Alycia!!!:evil: I do annoy myself how stupid I am sometimes :evil: lol.. :oops:

I'm worried. Just because it is something out of my control and all I can think are the "what if's" :(

If they don't give me any painkillers for her, can I ask for them and they will give(sell) me some?

We are going to take some of her food with her and part of an egg biscuit for her (the only other thing she will eat apart from her pellets:shock:)

I just keep freaking out... I don't want to lose my little girl :( I don't think her sneezes will affect anything.. she was okay for her dental.

Instead of the dog crate we are putting the puppy pen up, it will be easier to clean, and administer any medicine or to check wound :shock:

Scared scared scaaaaarrreeedd :(:( Arghhhh!!! Grow up Alycia!!!:evil: I do annoy myself how stupid I am sometimes :evil: lol.. :oops:

Not stupid at all, I was so nervous when I took Finx. Even the regular coffee drinkers at work noticed I wasn't myself and asked what was wrong :lol: She was fine though, even after she needed some extra help to get her tummy moving again.
I'm sure you can ask for painkillers, but I'd expect them to give you some anyway. Parsley was my miracle after Finx went :lol: I'm sure she'll be fine, and she'll be healthier and less at risk in the future! xx

Aww, I know how you feel *hugs* I was such a nervous wreck when Boris got neutered, and when Bella finally has her spay (hopefully sometime next year) I know I will be terrified! :( Just try to think positive, you're doing a great thing for her, and to be frank I would imagine that losing a bunny to cancer would be far worse than losing them under GA, as horrible as it might sound...if she's been under GA before and handled it well though I wouldn't think there's anything to worry about :)
I really hope everything goes smoothly :) If they don't give you painkillers I would personally MAKE them give me some as pain relief is essential for something like this. When is she having the op?

I have had a sneezy bunny spayed today and she is fine just now. Eating plenty, walking around just a little more carefully than usual, and being groomed lots by her housemate :)

Hoping everything goes just as well - or even better - for Poppy. :)

Not stupid at all, I was so nervous when I took Finx. Even the regular coffee drinkers at work noticed I wasn't myself and asked what was wrong :lol: She was fine though, even after she needed some extra help to get her tummy moving again.
I'm sure you can ask for painkillers, but I'd expect them to give you some anyway. Parsley was my miracle after Finx went :lol: I'm sure she'll be fine, and she'll be healthier and less at risk in the future! xx

I wish she would eat something like parsely :lol: she is picky because of her teeth :roll: I've already told my bf I'll cry, I cried when we dropped her off for her dental lol. Absolute wreck :oops: I want her to be okay after so I don't need to worry :oops: it means she can be bonded with Leo then :love:

Aww, I know how you feel *hugs* I was such a nervous wreck when Boris got neutered, and when Bella finally has her spay (hopefully sometime next year) I know I will be terrified! :( Just try to think positive, you're doing a great thing for her, and to be frank I would imagine that losing a bunny to cancer would be far worse than losing them under GA, as horrible as it might sound...if she's been under GA before and handled it well though I wouldn't think there's anything to worry about :)
I really hope everything goes smoothly :) If they don't give you painkillers I would personally MAKE them give me some as pain relief is essential for something like this. When is she having the op?

I thought this too, I would hate to lose her to cancer when I could have stopped it. She is going in on Friday morning :shock: I'm giving them my bf's mobile number for them to ring, 1) because I have a huge phone phobia lol, and 2) if something did happen then I couldn't hear it coming from someone I didn't know :( I will ask for painkillers, I would hate for her to be in pain :( OOO, it's so hard lol. I just keep having random moments of stressing about it :shock::oops:

I have had a sneezy bunny spayed today and she is fine just now. Eating plenty, walking around just a little more carefully than usual, and being groomed lots by her housemate :)

Hoping everything goes just as well - or even better - for Poppy. :)

Thank you :) I'm glad your bunny is okay :D Making me feel better :)

Back