• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting problem.

Kerryyyy

Mama Doe
I'm needing help. Everytime I feed Sam and Poppy I get bitten. I understand that I am feeding them and they haven't been neutured. Don't worry they aren't in together. Will the biting stop when they are neutured??

When they bite they leave marks and bruises but they don't break the skin. It really hurts though, it's more than a little nip.

how old are they?? bella and jasper never bit even when they werent neutred. are they biting your hands?? are the in a cage and you are having to put the bowls in with them?? sorry for all the questions :oops:

Lola bites :roll: she becomes evil bunny at about 4pm everyday :lol: She is fine in the day, but as soon as it hits 4 or any time after and you feed her she will go for you :lol: she is visc.. she punctured my moms finger the other night lol. I've been fortunate enough to only have been bitten the once and not as bad as my moms bite :lol: She isn't spayed and can't be until February :roll: so hopefully she calms down after that :lol:

:shock: can their hormones really cause such issues?? :shock:

i feel really lucky with my 2, never been bitten. nibbled but never 'i wanna taste ya blood' bitten :lol:

Poppy is about 8 months and Sam is 6 months. Yeah the bite my hands and not always. I think they are just getting territorial but it bloody hurts. They nip but this is a proper bite. They have never done it before.

Neutering will definitley help. They're old enough to be done now, so if I were you I'd get them booked in as soon as possible. Then you can bond them after a month or 2. How big are their hutches/enclosures? The best solution is to scatter their food on the ground. This is also good enrichment for them.

Last edited:
Poppy is about 8 months and Sam is 6 months. Yeah the bite my hands and not always. I think they are just getting territorial but it bloody hurts. They nip but this is a proper bite. They have never done it before.

:shock: maybe feed them out of their cages.... maybe they are cage territorial, thats why i can never bond bella and jasper as she wont share space with ANYTHING though i can feed her and put my head through the door (dont ask why i do this :oops: :lol:)

are they free range?? was just wondering if maybe they are getting bored.... bella can get really destructive if she is cooped up for any length of time :roll: i mean tornado kind of destructive!!! :lol:

I know that Poppy was very defensive when it comes to her pen. She has two playpens put together so she has a lot of space and gets a lot of free range time. Sam has a large dog crate with a pen attached and he gets alot of time out of it too.

Poppy used to be defensive but it stopped for ages and now has just started again. I understand that rabbits nip but these are proper bites and soon they will break skin.

Really I just hope it stops when they are neutered.

I know that Poppy was very defensive when it comes to her pen. She has two playpens put together so she has a lot of space and gets a lot of free range time. Sam has a large dog crate with a pen attached and he gets alot of time out of it too.

Poppy used to be defensive but it stopped for ages and now has just started again. I understand that rabbits nip but these are proper bites and soon they will break skin.

Really I just hope it stops when they are neutered.

there are 3 buns in ya sig, do you still have 3? maybe its the smell of each other?? maybe washing your hands inbetween handling each may help :wave:

im sure once they are neutred they will calm down, got my fingers crossed for you :)

Yeah I have 3, Poppy, Sam and Patchies. Patchies is usually the naughty bunny, but whenever I feed him he licks me. He only nips me and runs away excited.

Yeah I have 3, Poppy, Sam and Patchies. Patchies is usually the naughty bunny, but whenever I feed him he licks me. He only nips me and runs away excited.

are any of them in together?? i think it is hormone related, but you need to get them out of this habit as i dont know if the territioral thing can be permenant or not x

Back