• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Poor little BB.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
He always was a shy,nervy,jittery bun, but then he had Lily-Shane and they adored each other.
Now hes by himself, hes constantly hiding in the hide,.
Hes eating but Ive cut it back to one handful (small) and greens a day.Unlimited hay and water of course.

I approach him by saying his name,and he presses himself to the floor, eyes literally bulging.

Hes well, and a good thing is hes losing weight, as he went up to 1.8 kilo and his best weight is 1.4.
He was making the best of Lily not eating much...eating hers too.

Its breaking my heart seeing him so lost and scared.

I have a bun on reserve, bu its an awkward time as Im moving soon, if that bloke pulls his finger out....

Hopefully little BB will have a new friend very soon.

It is saddening when they are left on their own after the loss of a partner.:(

I'm sure everything will work out eventually.

The right bun will come along soon enough. He needs his time to grieve too and I know you're doing everything right for him. I hope everything goes well with bunny on reserve. :) I wouldn't think moving would matter?

The right bun will come along soon enough. He needs his time to grieve too and I know you're doing everything right for him. I hope everything goes well with bunny on reserve. :) I wouldn't think moving would matter?

I cant get her yet.....

BB sounds like Wesley. Timid little boy but he loved Ruby and always followed her lead. He's very shy with me and doesn't trust that I won't always shove him in a carrier and take him to the vets.

He was terrified of the rescue bun I tried to bond him with yesterday as she was very forward and kept lunging at him. Thankfully, he seems OK now she's gone back and he seems to have settled back into his routine in the hutch. Don't know whether to let him live alone for a while before trying him with someone else. I can't even bond him at home now - no neutral places left.

Poor BB, hopefully he will feel more secure with his new girlfriend and be happy again. Must be such a sad time for you both xx

Back