• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Video of rabbits getting dressed up on youtube :O

This :( Sadly there is many video's on youtube that would make me gasp and think poor bunnies, best not to watch them :(

Agreed :( Also, I would have serious war wounds if I ever tried to do anything like this to Finx! Rabbits already have beautiful coats :)

I wouldn't dress my pets up because it seems absurd based on their personalities, it's a whole lot of effort and handling for no good reason, and snobbishly, it's just a bit twee and Paris Hilton.

But, playing devil's advocate, why is this so much more wrong than dressing up a human baby (who likewise doesn't have much say) in a costume some people will think is cute? Animals, at least, won't be embarrassed by the photos when they're older.
Unlike feeding an animal wrongly or keeping them in dirty or cramped conditions, dislike of dressing animals up is more about humans' personal beliefs and / or aesthetics. The dressing up, whilst rather undignified and silly, doesn't in general, seem intrinsically harmful to animals' health.

I actually don't think its that bad, if it is only just for some photos and not all the time :) I'd do it, I think its quite cute if just for a photo and the buns don't mind.

Considering that footage is from Japan those buns are probably the lucky ones! Their owners clearly love them. If its a one off its not so bad but i dont think pets should be dressed up on a regular basis, its no fun for them regardless of how cute the owners think they look

Back