• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some funnies - Isla baby-snake, Frasier the hamster and Amber tidy-dog

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
First off Isla baby-snake has a photo taken to include in her letter to Santa.

Dear santa, please bring new hide, take Scorch.
386730_10150365883176439_727101438_8224711_2021922213_n.jpg

Scorchzilla
308248_10150365917191439_727101438_8224866_620947082_n.jpg

Scorch has a fun way of dealing with a runny nose
scorch2.jpg

Eirinn bite-finger says "Wake me when something interesting happens"
376409_10150365916986439_727101438_8224861_1844900077_n.jpg

Frasier doesn't like scary movies
389947_10150392526436439_727101438_8309989_656135101_n.jpg

And here we have the smallest dog I have ever seen in my life. She belongs to my friend and I'll need to see if I can get more photos due to her being hilariously small.
377860_10150371083711439_727101438_8243200_1369279803_n.jpg

She's a chiuaua puppy, I think she was about 8 weeks when this picture was taken.

WANT. :shock:

What is Eirinn too?

I love lizrds. :) My beardie, Genghis was a grumpy pants today. He has two heat lamps in the winter and one had blown. He was camping out under the other one and did not look happy! The temperature was a little low, I replaced the blown one and within 15 minutes he'd gone to the cool end of the viv because he was too hot. :roll:

WANT. :shock:

What is Eirinn too?

Eirinn is a common European slow worm whom I got way back in 1998. They're one of the longest lived lizards and can reach up to 50 years old.
I love lizrds. :) My beardie, Genghis was a grumpy pants today. He has two heat lamps in the winter and one had blown. He was camping out under the other one and did not look happy! The temperature was a little low, I replaced the blown one and within 15 minutes he'd gone to the cool end of the viv because he was too hot. :roll:

It never ceases to amaze me how well reptiles do the "unimpressed" look. :lol:

Eirinn is a common European slow worm whom I got way back in 1998. They're one of the longest lived lizards and can reach up to 50 years old.

It never ceases to amaze me how well reptiles do the "unimpressed" look. :lol:

I thought she was a slow worm but I thought if I said that I might look stupid. :lol:
I love them so much, are you allowed to buy them as pets now? Not sure if they class as endangered or not? I was going to get a corn snake but if you can get slow worms... :love: Is she hard to keep, do they need soil and things to dig? The best thing would be I could tell everyone off for calling it a snake. :lol:
My auntie-in-law's cat used to bring them in. She'd never hurt them and I got to hold them for a bit before I took them back outside. But they're not so common any more. :(

I thought she was a slow worm but I thought if I said that I might look stupid. :lol:
I love them so much, are you allowed to buy them as pets now? Not sure if they class as endangered or not? I was going to get a corn snake but if you can get slow worms... :love: Is she hard to keep, do they need soil and things to dig? The best thing would be I could tell everyone off for calling it a snake. :lol:
My auntie-in-law's cat used to bring them in. She'd never hurt them and I got to hold them for a bit before I took them back outside. But they're not so common any more. :(

Generally you can't really get slow worms as pets as they aren't bred commonly in the UK. They aren't classed an endangered here but it's illegal to take them from the wild and sell them. Eirinn came from Europe originally so the law doesn't apply to her. I've been keeping an eye out since I got her for more but have only seen them pop up for sale once since 1998.

Eirinn has a large tank with compost, moss and wood to root about in. It also means I can fling in bugs like slugs and woodlice for her to eat and they can live and breed in there too.:)

Generally you can't really get slow worms as pets as they aren't bred commonly in the UK. They aren't classed an endangered here but it's illegal to take them from the wild and sell them. Eirinn came from Europe originally so the law doesn't apply to her. I've been keeping an eye out since I got her for more but have only seen them pop up for sale once since 1998.

Eirinn has a large tank with compost, moss and wood to root about in. It also means I can fling in bugs like slugs and woodlice for her to eat and they can live and breed in there too.:)

That sounds amazing.
I'll keep an eye out then. Not more pets just yet anyway as I have far too many now. :lol:

Back