• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting stains off lino

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I've tried boiling white vinegar, undiluted bleach for several hours, steam cleaner, jet washer, regular detergent, stain remover, wire & plastic brushes.

It's a lino over concrete - a wet room floor?

Is my only option re-lino-ing?

It's looking good - just not good enough to be my ensuite yet:oops:

Do you know what the stains are of? :shock:

Oh:lol:

My wet room is an ex bun room. My un-neutered conti lived there (had problem so wasn't neutered). Tis largely rabbit wee.:oops:

I've re-installed the toilet & shower, regrouted, decorated, but the wet room floor means there will be no showers in there for me yet:oops:

Ahhhhhh!

I can't get rabbit urine off the lino in the dog crate B&G have as a base.

I've used everything known to man, i even cut a piece off and tested with white spirit (not near them, obviously) and nothing would get it off.

It was only cheap stuff so i thought that was why, but maybe its the same issue for all Lino if you don't get it up quick enough :(

Ahhhhhh!

I can't get rabbit urine off the lino in the dog crate B&G have as a base.

I've used everything known to man, i even cut a piece off and tested with white spirit (not near them, obviously) and nothing would get it off.

It was only cheap stuff so i thought that was why, but maybe its the same issue for all Lino if you don't get it up quick enough :(

It may only be cheap -I dunno. I may have to re lino - just seems complicatey with it all being properly sealed. still, I just successfully installed a toilet, so maybe my talents extend to flooring

I haven't tried it out yet but i know some people have success with boiling white vinegar and then pouring it over the rabbit pee stain. it gets it off litterpans/plastic but I dunno about lino.

Eta: nevermind, I just saw you've tried boiling white vinegar :lol:

Last edited:
PHP:
I find vinegar and a scourer work best but i usually get to it quick.

I know vinegar and bicarb can be used together to create a foam that's supposed to eat away at that sort of thing but never tried it myselfn

I will try trigene & I did get a kind of foam when I mixed boiling vinegar with bleach - but my eyes hurt & it smelt funny so I ran out:oops:

Back