PDA

View Full Version : Getting stains off lino

Angie65
12-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I've tried boiling white vinegar, undiluted bleach for several hours, steam cleaner, jet washer, regular detergent, stain remover, wire & plastic brushes.

It's a lino over concrete - a wet room floor?

Is my only option re-lino-ing?

It's looking good - just not good enough to be my ensuite yet:oops:

GrahamL
12-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Do you know what the stains are of? :shock:

Angie65
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Do you know what the stains are of? :shock:

Oh:lol:

My wet room is an ex bun room. My un-neutered conti lived there (had problem so wasn't neutered). Tis largely rabbit wee.:oops:

I've re-installed the toilet & shower, regrouted, decorated, but the wet room floor means there will be no showers in there for me yet:oops:

GrahamL
12-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Ahhhhhh!

I can't get rabbit urine off the lino in the dog crate B&G have as a base.

I've used everything known to man, i even cut a piece off and tested with white spirit (not near them, obviously) and nothing would get it off.

It was only cheap stuff so i thought that was why, but maybe its the same issue for all Lino if you don't get it up quick enough :(

Angie65
12-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Ahhhhhh!

I can't get rabbit urine off the lino in the dog crate B&G have as a base.

I've used everything known to man, i even cut a piece off and tested with white spirit (not near them, obviously) and nothing would get it off.

It was only cheap stuff so i thought that was why, but maybe its the same issue for all Lino if you don't get it up quick enough :(

It may only be cheap -I dunno. I may have to re lino - just seems complicatey with it all being properly sealed. still, I just successfully installed a toilet, so maybe my talents extend to flooring

William
12-12-2011, 01:05 PM
I haven't tried it out yet but i know some people have success with boiling white vinegar and then pouring it over the rabbit pee stain. it gets it off litterpans/plastic but I dunno about lino.

Eta: nevermind, I just saw you've tried boiling white vinegar :lol:

Elena
12-12-2011, 01:08 PM
I find vinegar and a scourer work best but i usually get to it quick.

I know vinegar and bicarb can be used together to create a foam that's supposed to eat away at that sort of thing but never tried it myselfn

Georgeypudding
12-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Trigene got pee stains off my wooden hutch, might work?

Angie65
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I will try trigene & I did get a kind of foam when I mixed boiling vinegar with bleach - but my eyes hurt & it smelt funny so I ran out:oops: