• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rosie new mummy

mistys_mum

Warren Scout
rosie the bun i got in the summer was in the cage on her own , the couple who i got her off told me she was done , i put the bun who i rescued off the estate in with her and they bonded straight away little did i know the ex neighbours lied to me and she was infact preggers and gave birth tonight i have took jack out and at the moment he is roaming free in the buns bedroom until tommorow when i can buy him a cage until i can get one neutered and then they can be rebonded she had 5 kits when i found them one was already dead , the remaining 4 are wriggling away and rosie is cleaning herself :thumb: i've given her extra pellets and hay and put a towel over her cage to give a bit more privacy got the carrier out for jack until i can get him a cage tommorow i wish i'd have got him one sooner but its done now

Last edited:
rosie the bun i got in the summer was in the cage on her own , the couple who i got her off told me she was done , i put the bun who i rescued off the estate in with her and they bonded straight away little did i know the ex neighbours lied to me and she was infact preggers and gave birth tonight i have took jack out and at the moment he is roaming free in the buns bedroom until tommorow when i can buy him a cage until i can get one neutered and then they can be rebonded she had 5 kits when i found them one was already dead , the remaining 4 are wriggling away and rosie is cleaning herself :thumb: i've given her extra pellets and hay and put a towel over her cage to give a bit more privacy got the carrier out for jack until i can get him a cage tommorow i wish i'd have got him one sooner but its done now

Its a shame they lied to you, your not the first and wont be the last :(.

If you need any help dont be afraid to ask :wave::D

keep the male away from her, ideally you shouldnt have put an unneutered male in with a 'spayed' female as he would have harassed her and cause them to fight:(,
but you know this now...

the best plan of action for you know is to get daddy bun to the vet for nueter while Rosie deals with the babies:)

Will do xxxxx he is away from her now she is in her cage with the babies gonna ring the vets and book him in x

What a shock! Hope you got the male out in time and there won't be any more babies! Hope mum and the little ones are doing well xx

What a shock! Hope you got the male out in time and there won't be any more babies! Hope mum and the little ones are doing well xx

Yep he's roaming free at the moment put blankets and hay in his carrier and made him up a litter tray been up to check on rosie and she's fine they dont feed till early hours in the morning so i'll check before i go to bed xxxx

update

Well all 4 remaining kits are doing well i checked the nest and they are wriggling away she's ripped more of her dewlap out so its like a white layer in her bed , i have only changed her tray i havent dared touch her blankets they feel dry still anyway , i have upped her pellets and filled her hay up she is content keeping her beady eye on me :love:, i havent found a suitable cage for jack yet so he's still free ranging when i let the others out i lock him in my bedroom my lil rosie is doing well anyway thanks graham for the support today :D

Back