• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

adorable bunnies at pet store

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
I was at a pet store earlier not a pets@home but one I have brought 2 bunnies from before, they are a good pet shop :) , but I dont like how they have the guinea pigs in with the rabbits, there were little nethies binkying and nearly kicking the piggies :roll: Also there were some beautiful dwarf lops, I've never had a dwarf lop but i really want one. I dont think I will ever buy a pet shop bunnie again as there are so many in rescues looking for a home!!! but the pet shop bunnies also need to be rescued as people just buy them for their children who then get bored of them and think they are like a doll or a toy and get rid of them, most of the people who buy pet shop bunnies dont know anything about there care. I have never got a bunnie from a rescue but next time I consider buying a bunnie i will definitely look on rabbits rehome :) as cute as the rabbit was, i wouldnt of brought it as I dont want loads of bunnies and cant afford them, I am happy with my 3 bunnies and being able to buy them loads of toys and pay for their vaccinations and operations. 3 bunnies is enough for me :lol: :D

My bunny bella needs another dental next year :cry: she had one a year and a half ago so we are lucky as it was predicted to grow back within 3 months :D

I saw a gorgeous baby lop at one of my local pet shops too the other day...it was white with light brown spots and blue eyes :love: But even if I could take on another bunny I would much prefer to get an adult from someone else who didn't want it anymore (there aren't any rescues where I'm at).

I saw a gorgeous baby lop at one of my local pet shops too the other day...it was white with light brown spots and blue eyes :love: But even if I could take on another bunny I would much prefer to get an adult from someone else who didn't want it anymore (there aren't any rescues where I'm at).

Its very hard to walk away when their cute little eyes stare at you lol:lol:

:lol: Yes, VERY! It puts my mind in a state of chaos...I'm like "OMG I WANT IT....but no. I already have two. BUT I WANT IT SO MUCH.....BUT I ALREADY HAVE TWO! BUT I STILL WANT IT! OK I'M LEAVING NOW. But I want to stay? NO I'm LEAVING!" :lol: Luckily I never say this out loud, people would think I was nuts :lol: But it definitely is hard to walk away, I always end up asking myself why I even look when I know what adorable bunnies do to me :roll: It's my own fault really.

Ohhh I want all of the bunnies :(

Well done Bella for going so long without a dental though! Poppy had her first one in April and hasn't needed one since so I have hope now because of Bella! :thumb: :love::love:

:lol: Yes, VERY! It puts my mind in a state of chaos...I'm like "OMG I WANT IT....but no. I already have two. BUT I WANT IT SO MUCH.....BUT I ALREADY HAVE TWO! BUT I STILL WANT IT! OK I'M LEAVING NOW. But I want to stay? NO I'm LEAVING!" :lol: Luckily I never say this out loud, people would think I was nuts :lol: But it definitely is hard to walk away, I always end up asking myself why I even look when I know what adorable bunnies do to me :roll: It's my own fault really.

hahaha :lol: Your not the only one :L

Ohhh I want all of the bunnies :(

Well done Bella for going so long without a dental though! Poppy had her first one in April and hasn't needed one since so I have hope now because of Bella! :thumb: :love::love:

what was wrong with poppy?, Bella's incisors grow to quickly and one over laps :( they might consider removing them completely :( x

what was wrong with poppy?, Bella's incisors grow to quickly and one over laps :( they might consider removing them completely :( x

Ahh poor Bella :( Pops has generally awful teeth, they were growing out into her cheeks and gave her ulcers and she stopped eating after her dental, we had to syringe feed her for 2 months and she nearly died, very scary. She has never eaten hay either, no matter how much I have tried over the 4 years so she is on a watched pellet diet, fed little and often through the day with twice as much at night and she has managed to keep them down :) she has quite a small head too so I imagine that wouldn't help and generally bad breeding through and through bless her. My dad got her from a woman at work when I was 15 and had no idea about anything rabbit wise :lol: She has terribly misaligned teeth and had really bad abscesses on her jaw, which came down so much after her courses of antibiotics in April and August, they will always be there but at least now they are under control, the vets were shocked to see she was still alive when we took her 2 months ago, they said they had never seen a rabbit come through from those kind of abscesses :shock:

She's a fighter! :D Bella sounds like one too the way she held a dental off for that long though! I hope she doesn't have to have them removed :( but if she does then you know for a fact she won't be in pain :) x

Last edited:
Ahh poor Bella :( Pops has generally awful teeth, they were growing out into her cheeks and gave her ulcers and she stopped eating after her dental, we had to syringe feed her for 2 months and she nearly died, very scary. She has never eaten hay either, no matter how much I have tried over the 4 years so she is on a watched pellet diet, fed little and often through the day with twice as much at night and she has managed to keep them down :) she has quite a small head too so I imagine that wouldn't help and generally bad breeding through and through bless her. My dad got her from a woman at work when I was 15 and had no idea about anything rabbit wise :lol: She has terribly misaligned teeth and had really bad abscesses on her jaw, which came down so much after her courses of antibiotics in April and August, they will always be there but at least now they are under control, the vets were shocked to see she was still alive when we took her 2 months ago, they said they had never seen a rabbit come through from those kind of abscesses :shock:

She's a fighter! :D Bella sounds like one too the way she held a dental off for that long though! I hope she doesn't have to have them removed :( but if she does then you know for a fact she won't be in pain :) x

Such a sad story but at least she is now with you and you are giving her all the love she didnt have before :) she is so lucky to still be here after everything :D I bet your really chuffed that you have managed to get her through it :) I hope her teeth stay down for many months to come :) Keep fighting poppy :love: x

Back