• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Age of dental + snuffles bunny's youve had!

lilgems91

Mama Doe
As in the title, just wondering what age your snuffles/dental bunnies are, or previous ages of buns raised :)

Probably sounds random, but my benji boy has snuffles and dental problems and just a question that crossed my mind.

:wave:

My Bridge Bunny,Lily-Shane had chronic snuffles from birth.Nick named Snotter at the place she was born, she came to me aged 9 months.
She had malloclusion and had burred incisors when I found the problem aged 9 months.
Every month she had dentals.We discovered lung deformities under a GA when we were talking about removing her incisors.
Sadly, she was helped to the Bridge 2 weeks ago as her lung capacity got to nil and she was mouth breathing.
A Brave fight from a very brave little girl.

I doubt your bun will be anything like this case.She, as in Lily-Shane, was an extreme case and we did all we could.

Grim's problems started at probably a year old. He's about 5 and a half now and still going strong. He has snuffles, dental issues and a whole host of other problems too. He's a happy bunny though.

My Bridge Bunny,Lily-Shane had chronic snuffles from birth.Nick named Snotter at the place she was born, she came to me aged 9 months.
She had malloclusion and had burred incisors when I found the problem aged 9 months.
Every month she had dentals.We discovered lung deformities under a GA when we were talking about removing her incisors.
Sadly, she was helped to the Bridge 2 weeks ago as her lung capacity got to nil and she was mouth breathing.
A Brave fight from a very brave little girl.

I doubt your bun will be anything like this case.She, as in Lily-Shane, was an extreme case and we did all we could.

Aww yvette I'm so sorry, that's awful. What a brave girl she was. What age was she?

My Boris only recently started to develop snuffles, he's 4 years old (turning 5 in March). Never had any problems before. I think the weather could be a contributing factor, the temperature over here is still above average for this time of year :(

mowgli was a dental bun, well we where tld when he was little, but he never had a dental his whole life, i managed his teeth by diet, thankfully, he was just over 6yrs when pts due to other illnesses

Do you mean bunnies with dental problems AND snuffles, or one or the other?

My bridge bunny, Reggie, needed his first dental at 6 yrs of age. He needed another one 6 mths later but he was very slow coming round and died a couple of days after the op. :cry:

Bubbles needed her first dental at around 9 mths of age. She's now 3 1/2 and has had a further 2 dentals.

My Roland was just overa year when he had a major dental as his tongue was sore.I rushed him to the vet the day after i got him from rescue.This was Feb 2010.Hes not had a dental since though......hes gonna be 3 in Feb 2012.

Sorry I meant either dental and snuffles bunnies, or buns who have got either. My benji's got both and I always worry how much time I have left with him :( xx

Sorry I meant either dental and snuffles bunnies, or buns who have got either. My benji's got both and I always worry how much time I have left with him :( xx

Just keep going!! Youre doing ok.....Like my Roland, he may stop for a while.
Best of luck...xxx

My Barney has dental problems and snuffles. His age is unclear, but I was told he was 2-3 when I got him, and about 6 months later he was diagnosed with snuffles (although the vet reckons he has scarring from previous infections) and a little while later he also had his first dental. Its been around a year since I've had him now so he is around 3-4.

He also has issues keeping his weight stable, is mildly anemic and is very sensitive to dental pain, and has another unresolved issue that I think is pain-related, he is also a large bunny so I worry how much longer he will be around as well :(

Biscuit is vaguely dental, he'll be 2 in february. He's had 1 dental, and the vet says he may need one in the next month or so post-dental check last week.

Ginger is very dental, and snuffly, and genetically deformed, has kidneys which are packing up but don't work well anyway, poor muscle mass, deformed tear ducts (they dont exist, the entry points are covered with tissue). She'll be 2 in May. She wasn't expected to live this long either. Now knowing where the snuffles came from, and knowing it could have been avoided makes me a little angry, as it wasn't my fault, but know there's nothing i can do about it now.

bisc and matt started with respiratory issues at about 4 months old ish, maybe 3. they are now 5 and are doing ok on meds and nebulising daily. they have both been through regular dentals the same time their snuffles was bad but not had many since. because they are stable now they should live a normal bunny life. it may be reduced slightly due to long term meds but it might not. aslong as they remain stable the vet doesn't see why they won't live the same life expectancy as other bunnies. :wave:

Thank you to everyone that has replied to this thread. I have been dreading not having long with benji because of his bad suffles and dental problems, but I feel happier now after hearing all your stories.

I take everyday as it comes with him, and give him the best care I can.

I am keeping the whole nebulising option open for the future, but know very little about it at the moment. I know there are some forum members such as graham and biscandmatt1 who use them, and they seem to have good results.

Fingers crossed he keeps fighting :love:

Thank you to everyone that has replied to this thread. I have been dreading not having long with benji because of his bad suffles and dental problems, but I feel happier now after hearing all your stories.

I take everyday as it comes with him, and give him the best care I can.

I am keeping the whole nebulising option open for the future, but know very little about it at the moment. I know there are some forum members such as graham and biscandmatt1 who use them, and they seem to have good results.
Fingers crossed he keeps fighting :love:

I can't recommend anything more - they have been a life saver for Ginger's RTI issue.

I can't recommend anything more - they have been a life saver for Ginger's RTI issue.

Thanks gray, I might well be p'ming you in the future :lol:

My vet thinks his snuffles are under control at the moment, but in the future if and when he does flare up and the antibiotics are not really helping, then this is a good option!

Can it be used on outside buns safely? :)

Thanks gray, I might well be p'ming you in the future :lol:

My vet thinks his snuffles are under control at the moment, but in the future if and when he does flare up and the antibiotics are not really helping, then this is a good option!

Can it be used on outside buns safely? :)

Can't see why not, i'd just do the nebulissation outside in their normal environment, it's so easy to make a nebuliser box, it's untrue :D

Back