• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If one has a bunny on reserve.....

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Can one change the name?? In my head I have done......:oops:
Dunno if I could mention it...Is it etiquette.....???

Can one change the name?? In my head I have done......:oops:
Dunno if I could mention it...Is it etiquette.....???

I have seen people on here that have different names for their buns than their rescue names. I don;t think it is bad etiquette to change the name, after all you will be his/hers forever home so I think it is fine. Especially since you already have a name in mind and have come to think of the bun with that name.

I didn't change Angel's when I rescued her but that is because I had followed her story a lot on RU and had come to know her as just 'Angel' but I know a lot of people have changed the names.

I have no problem changing rescues names... I shorted Millys (Millicent) but Milly was one of the names I was thinking of anyway so it didn't matter! :lol:
She was either going to be Milly or Penelope Mia

Bunny is still in Rescue, not had homecheck yet, but shes reserved in my name till i get settled.

Hi, I would definitely tell the rescue as they will probably keep records and if they have the old name on the record then it might get a bit confusing if you ever need to update the record. That's what the rescue told me when I got my piggies anyway :)

I see nothing wrong with it at all. I have names for animals I have never seen yet and may or may not ever own.

For example, Jefferson Airplane, a white male helicopter-eared bunny (because of the song White Rabbit).

I found Kizzy in my garden and handed her over to the RSPCA, when no -one came forward to claim her, we adopted her & I called her Kizzy - short for Kismet (which means fate). The RSPCA had been calling her Tanya & having a Britannia & a Tanya in the house would have been too confusing. Our 2nd bun was called Bob by the RSPCA - he answered to Bob so we didn't change his name. But I think if he hadn't responded to his name already we might have changed it.

Until you have been homecheced and agreed change the name in your head only - once she is agreed for you then tell them what the new name is (and her;))

Back