• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What kind of lop?...

SianD

Warren Scout
...apart from a cute lop :lol:

Our new rescue bun has been here a week now and has settled in incredibly well...he is such a friendly lil fella. He came from a new resuce only 2 mins from me :)

He was in with 3 other un-neutered bucks in a small double hutch/run, which was on grass...the buns dug a tunnel that lead to under the patio...2 buns suffocated in the tunnel and 'Fluff' and a white nethie were handed into the rescue for whatever reason. All the buns had been fighting and this lil fella came in with cuts and bruises and he didn't get along all too well with the nethie.

Anyways...I can't decide what breed he is...the rescue said that he is a mini lop but I think he looks more like a dwarf lop? sadly I don't know his weight as my scales are broken and he is not going to the vets until next week...suppose I need to know his weight really :lol:

What do you guys think?

IMG209.jpg

IMG206.jpg

IMG199.jpg

IMG204.jpg

To me he looks like has the same face shape as my Roxy who is a dwarf lop...I can't put the 2 side by side at the moment to compare and photos aren't helping :lol:

IMG099.jpg

I can confirm his lop type can either be described as an 'incredibly cute lop' or 'utterly adorable lop'!!

And I'm an expert!!

Do you know their weights?

I wouldn't go on head shape personally, I can't tell the difference between a mini, dwarf, german, french lops head (show bred ones anyway) there just tends to be a lot of dwarf lops bred as pets with pointy faces rather than the flat round ones show lops have

I wouldn't go on head shape personally, I can't tell the difference between a mini, dwarf, german, french lops head (show bred ones anyway) there just tends to be a lot of dwarf lops bred as pets with pointy faces rather than the flat round ones show lops have

I agree. :thumb: It's easy-ish to spot a pet-shop dwarf lop because they have the pointy faces Demi described. I don't think there's much difference between show-standard dwarf and mini lops apart from size (?) so weight might give some clues - although he could be a big mini lop or a small dwarf. :lol:

He's very handsome and looks like a very chunky boy. :love::love: His face is very much like my Alfie's.

I agree. :thumb: It's easy-ish to spot a pet-shop dwarf lop because they have the pointy faces Demi described. I don't think there's much difference between show-standard dwarf and mini lops apart from size (?) so weight might give some clues - although he could be a big mini lop or a small dwarf. :lol:

He's very handsome and looks like a very chunky boy. :love::love: His face is very much like my Alfie's.

Yep exactly that :lol: A more experienced 'lopper' might be able to tell the difference by looking but I'm more experienced with fur and fancy breeds, lop and rex aren't my thing :oops: :lol:

Back