• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disabled bun P@H U/D he's made it to his new home!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Why oh why did I look??? There is the cutest little black bun in our local P@H adoption centre judging from the notes he has been there since October! He has disabled front legs :cry: He moved over to the pellet bowl and you can clearly see his right leg is bent at 90 deg and he fumbled when he got to the pellet bowl as he can't stand on it so he used his little leg like a scoop and hooked some pellets out :love::love: then this young teenage girl came over with her mum saying 'oh he's still here, I want him!' The mother was saying 'I don't like rabbits they bite and he's deformed!'

It's just heartbreaking :cry: what sort of life is he going to have, how long will they let him stay in the adoption bit? I wish I had more money I'd have taken him in an instant :cry:

Last edited:
Did you find out the details of why the bun deformed. The would certainly need a lot of special and would have been best placed in a sanctuary or experienced home.

can you notify Hugos There or someone that is in touch with her (have not seen her on here for a short while .. ) that boy NEEDS a special home.

can you notify Hugos There or someone that is in touch with her (have not seen her on here for a short while .. ) that boy NEEDS a special home.

That did cross my mind, But it feels wrong to ask someone who has lots of poorly buns already to consider another :? I could go back today and ask for more info!

That did cross my mind, But it feels wrong to ask someone who has lots of poorly buns already to consider another :? I could go back today and ask for more info!

Send her a PM, she doesn't have to take him but perhaps she'd like to know about him so she has the option. :)
I want him now too but I don't think I could make it work... :(

Well I've been to see him his name is Blackjack he's 3.5yrs old he was born with the deformity! This is a picture where his legs bend in the pic they bend right under not sure how to describe it so when he's on the ground it would be like resting on your arms from the elbow with your hands touching underneath!

c2a7f783.jpg

He is gorgeous full of beans and scoots around on his wonky legs :love: he was nomming hay and some apple! He also had a sticky eye when he came in but that has been cleared up with treatment! He is also not neutered!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, what an absolute SWEETHEART, my heart has fully melted :love::love::love:

I so hope someone on the forum can take him, he's going to need some special attention :(

I PMd Hugos There and offerred to do a bunrun if she could take him - Dont think Liz saw it yet so if Theo can take him instead (as Liz may not have room) I will again offer help with bunrun. I am in Cambridge but willing to go quite a way. Where is Theo?

In next couple of weeks will be heading soyth to Sussex and north to Leeds (and also to Bedford) BUT these are all for work so will need to be able to co-ordinate with specific times.

If he needs an over night stop Im sure I can have him for a night :wave:

Theo is only an hour or so away from me but Im having car troubles so cannot take him myself

Back