• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starbuck Could Use Some Vibes, please U/D Question p25

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Starbuck is not well at the moment. He refused his vegetables last night and after various attempts with his favourite foods & some infacol, my OH took him to the emergency vets at 1am. The vet thought his tummy was a little bit gassy, but otherwise soft & his blood glucose was only 9, so they gave him some pain relief, metaclop and zantac. We have syringe feed at home so we have given him a little bit of recovery food and cool boiled water but he hates taking syringes in his mouth and wasnt swallowing what we were putting in.

This morning he seemed a little brighter, but was still not eating, no interest in his pellets and only managed a couple of nibbles of pear and a teeny tiny piece of hay. By lunchtime we had managed to get him eating some dried coltsfoot and dried dandelion but only tiny nibbles. My Oh managed to get him to eat a small piece of coriander but by 3.30pm he was still spending all his time huddled up in his litter tray looking lethargic and forlorn. A key way of knowing he is unwell is when he lets us pick him up without a struggle or a grunt.

So we went back to the vets and saw the emergency vet (didnt realise it closed at 4! :roll:) and she checked him over, gave him the same meds again, checked his glucose, it was 10.3 so still not overly high, She gave him some sub cut fluids, and has given us some zantac to give at home, we also got some fibreplex from them to give to him and the vet suggested more herbs and some V8 juice.

We've left him to settle back in & he has had 2 fenugreek crunchies, and a tiny amount of dried leaf, but is still looking very subdued and sorry for himself.

Please could we ask for some powerful RU vibes for him? We are worried about him.

Last edited:
Feel better and start munching vibes for Starbuck.
It's scary when they don't eat so wishes for you too.

Aw no how scary for you. :(

Sending tons of vibes from me (and hugs for you!) - really hope he starts to eat again soon xx

Poor Starbuck. :( Sending lots of vibes for him, and thinking of you and OH. How is Muesli reacting to Starbuck being unwell?

Sending lots of get well soon vibes for lovely Starbuck. Really hope he's feeling much happier soon xxx

Sending millions of vibes for your lovely boy. It's worrying enough when they're off colour and you do know why, but even worse when you don't. Really hope he shows an improvement overnight...

Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate it.

Poor Starbuck. :( Sending lots of vibes for him, and thinking of you and OH. How is Muesli reacting to Starbuck being unwell?

Thank you - Muesli is doing fine, he has had several bowlfuls of pellets all to himself, including some pellet "soup" we made to tempt Starbuck, plus he has eaten all the tempting things we put out for Starbuck, plus he kept trying to pinch his fenugreek crunchie! We didnt have any in the house so popped in to Pets at Home on the way home which I dont like doing but had to for Starbuck's sake, but they only had those bags of Aromatic Crunchies, which only has about 5 fenugreek crunchies in the whole pack...even though Muesli had some of his own he wanted to pinch Starbuck's! Poor Starbuck!

I think Muesli has been comforting him though and licking his eyes clean - I should have said that Starbuck has had a bad eye infection the last two weeks, we've had him on eye drops and antibiotics, plus he is in heavy moult so I think the two combined have contributed to this.

:wave: sorry to hear about Starbuck Helen hope he has turned a corner and perks up fingers crossed for you.

Back