• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy not seemiing herself :/

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:wave:

The girls have both been fine and dandy all day, they have eaten loads of hay (have refilled the bowl twice and the litter tray too) and they both ate their pellets this morning for breakfast. We have been out for a couple of hours and so i got the kids into bed and just went out to check the buns and Daisy seems a bit quiet, she was puffed like a duck (the way she sits) on the upstairs landing, she did come down when I opened the bottom door to put more hay in, she was perky and ears up (trying to nudge her way out the hutch door!) but then she went back upstairs and sat back on the landing so I put some timothy hay up on the landing (its thick with meadow hay anyway up there) and she ate a few bits and bobs of that but i dont know she just seemed a bit subdude :? Its pretty cold out there...im warming a snugglesafe as i type...

Could i just have caught her when she was sleepy and just wanting to chill or could there be something else to it? I feel a bit clueless :( She has been eating/drinking and producing poop today!

I'm not sure sorry but didn't want to read and run. Keep a close eye on her, check she is still eating/drinking and poo'ing. Maybe give her some of her fav foods/treats see if she eats them like she usually would. xxx

Hi, I'm a believer in instinct. If you think something is wrong then keep a close eye on her and so you can pick up quick on anything.
Fingers crossed it's nothing and Daisy was just sleepy.

I agree with offering treats too.

Thanks, I went back out with the snugglesafe and took some apple twigs and leaves and she ate them like she normally would, she also had a big stretch and came down the ramp and nommed some hay downstairs and then went back upstairs...I will keep a very close eye...perhaps its nothing. It is very very cold out there tonight and upstairs is where the hay flooring is so perhaps she was just warmer up there :?

:wave: Morning, all seems fine and dandy this morning so perhaps she was having some quiet time! This morning she was on her back legs at the hutch door when she heard me coming with breakfast and scoffed her pellets as usual :) I have seen her drink and there was poop as usual although a little darker/smaller than normal. However they had quite alot of oat hay yesterday and im wondering if this could have changed the poops a bit :? Will lay off that today and stick with timothy/rye and meadow :)

As i walked away from the hutch she had jumped into the dog bowl of hay they have downstairs and was noming away snatching strands off Poppy :lol:

Will be sure to keep an eye on her though! :)

Edit, they have also been having a daily handful of readigrass between them for the last couple of days...maybe thats something to do with it. Its such a minefield and i get so tempted to stay with timothy and meadow and nothing else!!:roll:

Edit again, just remembered graham telling me that readigrass can cause smaller/darker poops!!

Last edited:
Glad she seems better this morning. Always good to be vigilant, even if it's sometimes a false alarm... :wave:

Back