• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies and heat

nkariuz

Warren Scout
When i got my bunnies i read all the advice about keeping them cool and the last 2 summers have had chilled bottles of water with ice cubes etc... on standbye.

Every time i have put the heating on my rabbits go sit by the radiator and even against it and when i stroke them they are very warm even hot, but they seem to enjoy it.

Maybe i should show them the rabbit guide so they know not to get to warm, weird bunnies :)

I think that bunnies are very smart and know what they want. Julie loves to lie in the sun streaming from the window. She also dumps her water out sometimes and lies in the puddle or lays on top of ice cubes that fall out of the ice maker.

My rabbit feels the cold. Poor boy, even when the heating is full on in his shed so it's 15/16 degrees in there he'll still huddle under it. He's far happier as a house rabbit.

Back