• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benji stayed in for dental, vibes appreciated :(

lilgems91

Mama Doe
As in the title, ben had been acting strangely so I took him to the vets this morning.

In the space of 5 weeks his teeth have gone from being long=ish but not causing him any problems, to cutting into his tongue and making him down in himself.

Its started when he had the excess cecals, and I knew something was wrong :(

The vet thought he was in a state thats why he had to be left there for a dental today.

This is scaring me, as I always have this horrid dream he wont wake up from the anastethic because of his snuffles :(

If there are any spare vibes floating around please think of us :(

Thank you hun, Im glad to hear he's been doing well since.

I just hope he recovers ok :(

Ha she had to have one since? What was the average time between theo's dentals?

well this has been his first, he's two years old. kinda hoping he'll never have another one, but think i'm counting my lucky stars. he did struggle to start eating again after it but he hates being touched, so was freaking at the vet nurse syringe feeding him, but once i got him home (on the promise i would syringe which i didn't) he started eating him for himself. I hope all goes well, it's always a worry.

He is now back home :)

Have left him in the peace and quiet of his hutch with cupcake to settle down for a bit, and then will tempt him to eat later on.

Do they normally start eating normally the day after they've had their dental, or does it take longer?

So glad he's home!!!! :love::love:

He is now back home :)

Have left him in the peace and quiet of his hutch with cupcake to settle down for a bit, and then will tempt him to eat later on.

Do they normally start eating normally the day after they've had their dental, or does it take longer?

So glad he's home!!!! :love::love:

No idea how long it takes them to eat afterwards, hopefully a dental bun owner will be on to advise in abit. Does he have painkillers?

Just wanted to say Im so glad hes home safe now. Loads of vibes for a swift recovery :love:

Has he had painkiller? Some bunnies can start eating quite quickly. My dental bunny tends to start eating late evinging, however I do use critical care to syringe feed to make sure he gets something in his tum. He tends to take it off the spoon if he feels OK too. Just leave lots to tempt him with.

Most importanly, if he has had a GA he will need to be kept warm as it is hard for them to maintain their body temp after a GA. Can you bring him inside (if he is not a housebun).

I tend to buy lots of herbs, veg and just try to tempt him as much as possible to eat, also grated carrot.

Sorry for the late replies. Yes he had a metacam injection at the vets, and they have said to give him more tomorrow and maybe the day after if he needs it.

He has had a full bowl of grass (hand picked in the dark with a torch and scissors by moi!!), and his pellets :) He seems fine to be honest, just a bit sleepy. He has only had a few strands of hay, but hoping his intake starts to increase tomorrow!

Going to tempt him with some cucumber later as its his favourite, and then hopefully he will take his septrin straight out of the syringe like normal :lol:

He and his wifey bun are inside for the winter so are nice and warm :)

xxxxxxx

Hi, My bun Murphy had his dental yesterday and he is eating ok without the need to syringe feed him. His teeth were in a bad state as I only rescued him about 2 weeks ago. I gave him a very small amount of wholemeal bread last night, its not a normal bunny diet but it is soft, he likes it and it does encourage them to eat again.

Sending lots of vibes your way xx

Hi, My bun Murphy had his dental yesterday and he is eating ok without the need to syringe feed him. His teeth were in a bad state as I only rescued him about 2 weeks ago. I gave him a very small amount of wholemeal bread last night, its not a normal bunny diet but it is soft, he likes it and it does encourage them to eat again.

Sending lots of vibes your way xx

Well benji is now eating like a horse, and has recovered from the anesthetic much better than he did from his last dental which was 8 months ago!

I hope murphy continues to improve, and you should be very proud for rescuing him, Im sure he is a lot happier :) xxx

Great stuff, Im glad Benji is eating good again. He probably had a nibble and then realised how much more easy it is and then went on to stuff his face :D

I have got to get some of Murphs health problems sorted, but i think we are going to be best buds :)

Back