• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:/

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Took my 3 bunnies to the vets last night for VHD vaccinations :)

On the way we drove on the road where my poor rabbit floella passed away in my arms :( It's horrible having any pet die in your arms but at least they are not alone and you can stroke them :roll: Floella died on 8-august 2011 :(

It's horrible how she died, I HATE FLYS!!! we done everything we could to stop her getting poo around her bum, we cut it, bathed it and everything, anyway as soon as we noticed she had flystrike we rushed her to the vets, they shaved her, apparently got all the maggots out and we took her home, first night she was away from bonded brother flopsy and then we decided to put them back together, she was getting better we really thought we had saved her... but one morning she was led down lethargic. her brother was in the corner of the indoor cage. He knew something was wrong. I picked her up, wrapped her in a towel and we was on our way to the vets, my mum was crying as she had previously had my eldest bunny (11 yrs) pass away in her arms back in july, we got half way to the vets and floella started fitting, I didnt know what to do, she kept trying to jump :cry: I held her tight and stroked her so had her last breath, Biny free floella :(

Im really worried as flopsy's new bonded hunbun is getting poo on her fur, i am not giving any veg, i know it is cruel but its for her own good, i really dont want to loose another bunny to this horrible thing. In the spring I will be purchasing rear guard :) she has lots of hay and dried herbs and food, im sure she will be fine without the veg, its just her tummy gets so upset easily, (she is 6mnths old) :roll:

this is a tribute to my floella - there is also pics of my flopsy they were so close :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555UK7wMylo&list=UUSbdT6QB3nmwlaRuvroKu6Q&feature=plcp

I am so sorry you lost her in such tragic circumstances. Fly strike is truly evil andi really hope that you don't need to go through it again. If there is a lot of poo in her fur then maybe visit the very to rule out any underlying causes.

I am so sorry you lost her in such tragic circumstances. Fly strike is truly evil andi really hope that you don't need to go through it again. If there is a lot of poo in her fur then maybe visit the very to rule out any underlying causes.

Oh no its not as bad as my old rabbit, it is just because she is a lionhead and sometimes normal round poo's just stay on the fur, i suppose its a good thing they are not runny poo :)

Thank you for sharing your beautiful video Jack.

Losing a pet is hard on anyone who cares but from the wideo and your words it is obvious you gave Floella a great life and the best of care. You are left with wonderful memories of your time together.:love:

If only all rabbits in the care of those as young as you were looked after as well as you look after yours.:(

Maybe you might like to repeat the part about Floella and link the video in a new thread in the Rainbow Bridge section of the forum.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful video Jack.

Losing a pet is hard on anyone who cares but from the wideo and your words it is obvious you gave Floella a great life and the best of care. You are left with wonderful memories of your time together.:love:

If only all rabbits in the care of those as young as you were looked after as well as you look after yours.:(

Maybe you might like to repeat the part about Floella and link the video in a new thread in the Rainbow Bridge section of the forum.

Thank you for the kind comments :love:
Good Idea, I will do that now, thanks :)

Oh no its not as bad as my old rabbit, it is just because she is a lionhead and sometimes normal round poo's just stay on the fur, i suppose its a good thing they are not runny poo :)

That's good. I am sure that you are hyper vigilant and sensitive to it after your previous experience and just thought you might need your mind put at rest.

Back