• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly & Molly's Second Bunny Box *MORE PICS*

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
:wave:

I do spoil my girls. After Aliduncan's amazing bunny box she made me for the girls' run, I had to get them another bunny box for their hutch. Its perfect. I love it and so do the girls it seems. :D They were a bit cautious at first, but are now hopping in and out with ease and they like sitting on top of it too. My dog, Ollie also loved the delivery. He thinks everything is for him. :lol: He sat patiently waiting for me to open it and assemble it, and then he gave it a good old check over, sitting on it, making sure it was safe for bunnies. :lol: And then he walked over the bubblewrap (from the packaging) and he leapt into the air, wondering what that was under his feet. He has never seen bubblewrap before so had some fun popping the bubbles with his teeth. :lol:

Here are a few piccies of it at night (had to build it tonight because its getting below freezing tonight so wanted them to have it now :)).

It is pink, it just looks white from the flash:
DSCF17381.jpg

The bulge of hay to the left is their tunnel connecting their door to above the hay. It'll keep it warmer and stop draughts getting into the box. Also it makes it like a little burrow for them:
DSCF17391.jpg

Here's the tunnel and the entrance to their palace :D, stuffed with hay:
DSCF17411.jpg

Milly investigating the hay on top:
DSCF17431.jpg

And going through the tunnel into their little house:
DSCF17441.jpg

Molly didn't feel like having pictures taken today. :) But I'm super pleased with it and would highly recommend Aliduncan's bunny boxes to anyone. They are fantastic quality and great build quality (Ollie proves that, 11kg of dog sitting on top :lol:). Very reasonably priced too and the bunnies love it, which is what its all about in the end. :D

Wow, that was quick!! It was only collected from here yesterday. I am so glad it has the buns and Ollie's seal of approval! I might have to branch out into dog sized ones.:lol: It is great that you love them so much and the tunnel into it looks brilliant. Nice to know they will be so cosy given the temps tonight! Thanks for posting pics, I love seeing them in situ!

thank you very much. :)

Megasmummy: thank you. It's 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and I bought it from Happy Hutch company. Its 4 years old and still going strong. Its been a fantastic hutch and only this summer needed re-felting and re-painting of wood protection.

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/single-storey-rabbit-hutches/85

Happysaz: thank you. As well as their warren box, I've put in a heatpad and some warm water for them to drink tonight. :)

Pebbles: thank you. I'm planning on getting some straw and insulating the walls around the edge of the box to try and make it warmer, like cavity-wall insulation. :lol:

Wow, that was quick!! It was only collected from here yesterday. I am so glad it has the buns and Ollie's seal of approval! I might have to branch out into dog sized ones.:lol: It is great that you love them so much and the tunnel into it looks brilliant. Nice to know they will be so cosy given the temps tonight! Thanks for posting pics, I love seeing them in situ!

thank you. yeah, it was super quick delivery. but it was perfect timing, given the outside temperatures. :thumb:

thank you very much. :)

Megasmummy: thank you. It's 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and I bought it from Happy Hutch company. Its 4 years old and still going strong. Its been a fantastic hutch and only this summer needed re-felting and re-painting of wood protection.

http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/single-storey-rabbit-hutches/85

Happysaz: thank you. As well as their warren box, I've put in a heatpad and some warm water for them to drink tonight. :)

Pebbles: thank you. I'm planning on getting some straw and insulating the walls around the edge of the box to try and make it warmer, like cavity-wall insulation. :lol:

Haha, that sounds like an excellent idea! Your outdoor buns will have a cosier home than my indoor bun!

thank you. they do really like it. I'm using the top of the box as a feeding platform for hay. They love sitting on there, eating the hay. Its great. They've never had levels in their accommodation before so i think its quite refreshing for them. :D

thanks. They have been very naughty bunnies though. They have been in there, ripping up the vetbed that is on the floor of the hutch. :evil: So I've removed the vetbed and just going to have megazorb and hay on the floor. Cheeky naughty bunnies. :love:

I took some more pictures tonight as I discovered that they were chewing up their vetbed (on the floor of the hutch) and then found that the water bottle was dripping onto the hay and vetbed, and then found out that the vetbed was going mouldy (because of the water), so I took all the bedding out and binned the vetbed and had to re-do all the hutch again, so here are some pictures:

DSCF17461.jpg

Put straw around the edge of the box to insulate it:
DSCF17471.jpg

With the hay added:
DSCF17531.jpg

Back