• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Lydia- Fighting a Losing Battle :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Her chronic ulcerative pododermatitis is getting worse and worse no matter what we try in terms of treatment :cry: She now refuses point blank to keep any form of dressing on :cry:

Her pain is not being controlled with the highest dose of Metacam and alternatives just sedate her too much or stop her eating :cry: Over this past week she has become depressed, something that has NEVER happened before :cry:

We are now having to consider 'quality of life' :cry: I feel ill at the thought of having to let her go :cry:

024-17.jpg

022-22.jpg

013-36.jpg

016-35.jpg

:cry:

Oh no, how very sad. So sorry to hear that.

Her poor feet look very sore; I shivered at the sight of them.

I'm so sorry it has come to this. My Pheobe pig got depressed with the pain, it's horrible when it gets to that stage. Xxx

Her poor feet, you have fought so hard for her for years now and so many rabbits have benefitted from what you have learned with her. They are beautifully clean and dry but look so painful. If only you could explain to her what is happening and if she would only kep her boots on her feet would get better.

So sorry to hear this Jane; I know how hard you've worked to keep her hocks comfortable. :cry:

Oh the poor girl, that looks very sore :( It doesnt seem open though, which is a good thing right? Unless theres something going on underneath it that isnt visible?

Tons of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Her pain is not being controlled with the highest dose of Metacam and alternatives just sedate her too much or stop her eating :cry: Over this past week she has become depressed, something that has NEVER happened before :cry:
I am so so sorry... but if she is truly in pain and depressed and there is no obvious remedy, please let her go.

I have never knowingly let any of my animals continue in pain where they cannot be healed. I well know that it is a horrible decision to have to make but we have to make sure we put the animal before our pain.

I really feel for you.

Back