• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who are your buns insured with?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
and whats the excess and monthly payment? sorry if im being nosey but im doing my head in trying to sift throug them all :roll:

mabel petplan £8.90 something like that a month, excess £55
sox will be petplan, but on 4 weeks free insurance from vets right now

Petplan for both B&G, 20.60/mo.

They have refused 2 claims for Ginger so far, 3rd one is in at the moment for her stasis episodes, praying they pay it, or i'm not having christmas!

Petplan for 2 bunnies £21 per month, was only with them for 3 months when Jasper broke a bone in his foot and they paid the £470 bill without issue.

Petplan. £17.something per month for both buns, taken out the morning after I brought them home.

First claim will be going in next week for Beatrix's sneezing C&S test.

ETA: excess £55

Oh brilliant, just got an online quote with petplan and its £16.02 per month for both. £55 excess and a £2000 limit (covered for life) :)

Graham what were the refused claims for?

Oh brilliant, just got an online quote with petplan and its £17.82 per month for both. £55 excess and a £2000 limit (covered for life) :)

Graham what were the refused claims for?

Snuffles - she got sick on day 13 of the petplan 14 day exclusion zone, so they refused it and now its an excluded item on her policy :(

Interesting that there are small price differences. So do Petplan reckon dutchies will be healthier, lops slightly less so, and rexes and crosses somewhere in the middle?

Interesting that there are small price differences. So do Petplan reckon dutchies will be healthier, lops slightly less so, and rexes and crosses somewhere in the middle?

Certain breeds suffer from certain problems.

Eg, nethies have smaller heads, so often suffer from dental issues

i dont know...it talks about a 10% discount if i buy today? (Im betting they often say that to get you to sign up but perhaps thats the difference?)

i dont know...it talks about a 10% discount if i buy today? (Im betting they often say that to get you to sign up but perhaps thats the difference?)

Yeah, maybe that was it. 10% online discount; that was there when I signed up too.

I got a 10% discount of their advertised prices, just by calling them instead of insuring online.

My two are with Pets at Home on the lifetime cover for £13.10 a month. The excess is £75 so a bit more than petplan but I'd rather save every month given I have insurance for really bad things!

None of my bunnies are insured. When we had Lola she was not insurable. Her vet bills come over £10,000 for the 5 and a half years we had her, BUT She was worht every penny and I'd pay it over and over again if she was still here :cry:

I am wondering if the insurance fee goes up every year like it does with dogs, and does it double when they become a certain age?

Petplan doesn't do this (at the moment).

They must be different for rabbits then as the dog insurance goes up quite a lot each year. It is good that they maintain a reasonable fee for the bunnies. Do they say you have to pay excess plus 20% of the bill after a certain age with the bunnies?

They must be different for rabbits then as the dog insurance goes up quite a lot each year. It is good that they maintain a reasonable fee for the bunnies. Do they say you have to pay excess plus 20% of the bill after a certain age with the bunnies?

Well, in the T&Cs they say it can go up each year because the cost of veterinary treatment increases. Though I did read on another board I've been using for years that cat and dog owners said their premiums didn't go up. Guess I'll just see what happens. My poilcy has a 10% discount for the first year in any case.
But they do say this:
Does Petplan have a no claims discount?
As a responsible pet insurer we wouldn't do anything to discourage our customers from getting their dog, cat or rabbit treated when they are unwell or injured. This is why when you make a claim we will not increase your premiums as a result. It is for this reason that we do not have a 'no claims discount'
They only offer the Covered for Life policy for Rabbits; there aren't a range of options as there are for cats and dogs.

My two are with Pets at Home on the lifetime cover for £13.10 a month. The excess is £75 so a bit more than petplan but I'd rather save every month given I have insurance for really bad things!

Have you made a claim yet Ali ? I am waiting for the claim forms to arrive.

I paid £78.00 for the year for Cutie-pie with Pets at Home. This was the only company that would insure her as she is over 5 years old. The excess is £75.00.

Thanks goodness I did, the vet bill for last Sunday night and Monday is £497.00.

Back