• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedroom bunnies

Vita

Mama Doe
(No, nothing like that :roll:)
I have moved them into a pen in my bedroom, where they will be for the next ten days or so - maybe more. It's absolutely lovely having them so nearby, but I'm not sure how much unbroken sleep I'll get,

You'll hate it but love it at the same time!

I moved the buns into the lounge to get better sleep, but I missed them :oops: its ridiculous, they were like 4 foot from my bedroom but I missed them. I cant actually sleep if theyre not there. Plus they weed everywhere and got grumpy and kept trying to escape- they didnt like it in there!

The first night you may not sleep well, as they make the usual drinking and eating noises. Hopefully after that you will sleep the nights through.

The first night you may not sleep well, as they make the usual drinking and eating noises. Hopefully after that you will sleep the nights through.

And digging noises! I have given them a round willow basket as a second hay rack. Ada is sitting in it like queen of the castle, alternately eating and digging :D

Now Beatrix has just started chewing the handle...

Mine are free range in my bedroom... They're absolutly awful! They jump on me in the night, they trash my bedroom, they attack my pillows/quilts/bed, they try to break into the food, they break into my wardrobe, they rip up the carpet and pull off wallpaper. They wake me a few times per night at least.

But, I can't sleep if I can't hear them :oops: I love seeing them happy too much to cage them or move them!

Mine are free range in my bedroom... They're absolutly awful! They jump on me in the night, they trash my bedroom, they attack my pillows/quilts/bed, they try to break into the food, they break into my wardrobe, they rip up the carpet and pull off wallpaper. They wake me a few times per night at least.

But, I can't sleep if I can't hear them :oops: I love seeing them happy too much to cage them or move them!
You might be a better and less materialistic person than I am. I get quite stressed by damaged stuff and couldn't live with what you describe.

It pulls at my heartstrings though whenever I see a bun with her paws up to cage bars, looking out, and I hope that once they are settled and lre-litter trained after their spays they can be free in a room or two permanently, not just during the day. Thankfully they are not very destructive chewers, except for telephone cables and house plants. (touch wood) They are doing far less of this plaintive gazing from the cage, now that they are in the pen, interestingly.

And digging noises! I have given them a round willow basket as a second hay rack. Ada is sitting in it like queen of the castle, alternately eating and digging :D

Now Beatrix has just started chewing the handle...

Oh dear. Maybe the second night you will get used to the noise. Look at what Steph's bunnies get up to. :shock:

You might be a better and less materialistic person than I am. I get quite stressed by damaged stuff and couldn't live with what you describe.

It pulls at my heartstrings though whenever I see a bun with her paws up to cage bars, looking out, and I hope that once they are settled and lre-litter trained after their spays they can be free in a room or two permanently, not just during the day. Thankfully they are not very destructive chewers, except for telephone cables and house plants. (touch wood) They are doing far less of this plaintive gazing from the cage, now that they are in the pen, interestingly.

I got rid of everything I didn't need :lol: I get really stressed when they manage to destory things related to my computers but that's rare now. Everything else doesn't really bother me. The carpet was a mess anyway, so it's no big deal that it looks worse. They did destroy my sofa:lol: that made me quite sad... my sofa was comfy

My two sound like angels now! Though to be fair there's not that much they can destroy. They tend to sleep until about 5-6am by which time I'm usually fast asleep and not much wakes me :oops:

It took me ages to get to sleep, but I wasn't aware of being woken by bunnies at all after that. Instead some sort of alarm from next door woke me - a bit earlier than usual, which was good. :)

I have learnt a few things:
- They aren't as fussy about fresh hay as I'd thought. They are still happily munching the remains of last night's hay.
- Just how many droppings they generate in twelve hours. They're bedded on blankets for now, so all that poo isn't hidden by hay.
- Perhaps they do thump after all. I think I heard it, but still haven't seen it.

Back