• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minnie cone head

chul

Staff member
2011-12-08221735.jpg

2011-12-08221826.jpg

I read the title as Minnie come head.. then thought it was sposed to be 'Minnie come heaR' lol.. but nooo... I am a terrible reader hahaaha.

Poor kitty.

She hates the collar and has pulled it off once already. Shes acting fine now, wants to play and has eaten lots!

Good, glad she is okay:D I only left the cone on for a few days and then took it off when I was watching her, she didnt bother with her wound so I left it off. The cone bothered her more than her operation:?

:lol: Aww, poor girl. Won't be for long Minnie! Glad she's doing well :) Kittens seem to bounce back so quickly! Does she have stitches that will need removing?

Aww bless her! Made me think of Up! and "the cone of shame" :lol:
She's looking most unimpressed at the presence of the cone.

:lol: Aww, poor girl. Won't be for long Minnie! Glad she's doing well :) Kittens seem to bounce back so quickly! Does she have stitches that will need removing?

She has glue instead of stitches but she won't keep the cone on!

Id take it off and just keep an eye on her, when Holly was spayed it turned out she'd been spayed twice before but they still did it again to check!? anyway the cone caused more bother she couldnt drink which worried me and kept walking into stuff, took it off and she never bothered her wound, probably used to it!

Id take it off and just keep an eye on her, when Holly was spayed it turned out she'd been spayed twice before but they still did it again to check!? anyway the cone caused more bother she couldnt drink which worried me and kept walking into stuff, took it off and she never bothered her wound, probably used to it!

Its been off more than on! Off now too, she won't keep it on and isn't fused on licking the wound yet. she has a check up on saturday so will see what they say!

Wow, it really is on the side of the body (where girls are spayed I mean). It was a bit hard for me to picture when i heard about that so it's nice to actually see a picture.

I imagine the cone doesn't need to stay on, I've had a few cats spayed and they never messed with the incision. :)

Wow, it really is on the side of the body (where girls are spayed I mean). It was a bit hard for me to picture when i heard about that so it's nice to actually see a picture.

I imagine the cone doesn't need to stay on, I've had a few cats spayed and they never messed with the incision. :)

Yea, it is just near the folds of her leg. A very small hole. Will get a better photo for you when my camera is charged :)

Hello beautiful coney head :love:. I remember when Pingy was spayed and had to wear a cone...lets say her spacial awareness severely decreased... Yes there's a wall there :lol:

Hello beautiful coney head :love:. I remember when Pingy was spayed and had to wear a cone...lets say her spacial awareness severely decreased... Yes there's a wall there :lol:

:lol:

Minnie was like that. Then she tried to nibble me through the cone! Now she is cone-less.... :lol: OH is meant to keep his eye on her today!

She has glue instead of stitches but she won't keep the cone on!

Sookie got her leg stuck through the cone first :roll: Then she took it off. That was the end of that! :lol:

She didn't have stitches and she didn't go near the wound. The vet said internal stitches and glue aren't as secure as stitches, but the cat is less likely to go near the wound. So she'll probably be OK without the conehead. Salem made it his mission to remove as many of the stitches as he could! :lol:

Sookie got her leg stuck through the cone first :roll: Then she took it off. That was the end of that! :lol:

She didn't have stitches and she didn't go near the wound. The vet said internal stitches and glue aren't as secure as stitches, but the cat is less likely to go near the wound. So she'll probably be OK without the conehead. Salem made it his mission to remove as many of the stitches as he could! :lol:

:lol: The nurse told me if she licked the glue too much she could open it up.... but there is no way of keeping that cone on her at all!

Back