• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hurricane Shelter for the Bunnies!

snaisby

Warren Scout
Well the wind is getting ridiculous here in Newcastle, branches and wheely bins flying all over! Last time it was this windy I came out in the morning to find the run had blown away from the hutch :shock: fortunately the garden is rabbit proof and the buns were huddled in their bedroom looking worried, but really don't want that situation again!! So I have cleared out the back 'porch' for the buns (think it used to be a coal store way back when). It is completely unheated and fairly drafty :lol: so not too warm for them but less likely to blow away ;)

Some pics of them looking a bit unsure about the whole thing, it's so noisy out there!

View from back door of kitchen
7c9ab96d.jpg

efb5bb3c.jpg

'Basement' bit - box and bricks are to block gap that goes under the house!
df4f729a.jpg

"Is it safe??"
25821874.jpg

05830c66.jpg

"Oh it's ok, we have hay."
5f3f2074.jpg

Shiny bums - lovely thick winter coats at the mo :)
df878ef8.jpg

Who else has brought their buns in?

Aaw, if I had a space like that I think I would be tempted to keep them in there all through winter, lucky you and lucky buns, they look real cosy in their litter tray!:)

Aaw, if I had a space like that I think I would be tempted to keep them in there all through winter, lucky you and lucky buns, they look real cosy in their litter tray!:)
What a great space for them. They are beautiful.

Thanks guys :wave:

It is a handy space, unfortunately it's only 24sqft in total though - compared to the 38sqft they have in their outside setup. Also there is no natural light in there. If it was my house i'd knock a couple of bricks out and attach their run to the outside, which would be perfect! But sadly it's rented. I think if the temperature really crashes like it did last winter (it was -10 and below!) i'll pop them in overnight though.

scarlett said:
Have they been down the 'step' yet?
I've just been to check on them and they are looking much more confident - hopping up and down and exploring! I've moved the cat carrier up onto the higher floor and covered it with a towel so they can sleep in there if they want to, their usual bedroom is a cardboard box so they like being enclosed :)

Bluebell says thank you :D she knows she is beautiful :lol:
P1050229-1.jpg

P1060242.jpg

Weather is much better today so they are back outside now.

Cute buns & a fab hurricane shelter.
Hope the weather improves again soon & you don't get blown away!

Back