• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big cover up

loppy ears

Warren Veteran
What can I use to cover up the mesh on my kennel run? I have a shower curtain at the moment is there anything better I can use?

Thanks Gray and Karen - now which one is the better one of those two do you think?

I like Karen's best because of the attachment holes in the corners - however, i dont know how strong they are in strong winds? Karen would be best ot asnwer that one.

They both have the eyelets - they're in the corners and at roughly metre intervals along each side. :) These flap about in the wind a little still, so can be a bit noisy, but it's pretty much unavoidable with tarps I think. :?

I've got cup hooks along the top of the kennel run section, and hook the eyelets of the tarp over them. The run is 6ft high by 8ft wide, but I've got an 8ft by 10ft tarp. The 2ft spare at the bottom is weighed down with various heavy objects - parasol stands, watering hose reels etc :lol: and the extra 2ft in the width wraps around the corner of the run onto the side section iyswim. I'm not sure if I have a photo but will take one if not to show you what I mean.

I chose the one I did because, although the other one says clear too, I'm not sure if it's actually see-through - it's good for letting extra light in but not so good for visibility. :D

I have ordered the 6' x 8' one so I can wrap it around like Karen described, the bunnies will think they have double glazing :lol:

the bunnies will think they have double glazing :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I forgot to take a photo, but found this one which gives you an idea of the visibility level. This must have been a wind-free day as I'd only weighed down the left-hand side but when the wind gets up, there are usually 3 or 4 heavy objects spaced along the front. :lol:

DSCF1133600x450.jpg

It wraps around on the right side and covers most of the side panel, leaving just the door exposed.

I have this tarp on the rabbits run and playhouse windows...it works really well :) love your set up :)

If your looking for an inexpensive solution I got mine from poundland or poundworld (cant remember) it's blue but is large and has eyelets in the corners I bought 4 for my run and keeps my bun happy and dry really strong stuff for an amazing price. I love poundland !

Thank you all

Thanks for the photo Karen, I have put hooks along the top and bottom and also tied it onto the hooks, it is all nice and cozy now but the bunnies can still see out, very pleased with the clear tarp.

that looks great - I love the width of it too...Ive bought some form The Range for £2 a metre but its only 4ft wide. ;)

Thanks for the photo Karen, I have put hooks along the top and bottom and also tied it onto the hooks, it is all nice and cozy now but the bunnies can still see out, very pleased with the clear tarp.

That's good to hear. :thumb:

also on my two tier hutch i got a car boot liner from b & q for a pound and that goes over the top and then i have three tarpaulin covers over the back and the two sides , and a spare for part of the front if its bd weather lol

Back