• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser's hutch cover blew off! /photos of Spenser added

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
The velcro wasn't strong enough to withstand the fierce gales. :shock: I have got it back on, and put fire bricks on the roof to help hold it down. Spenser is in the conservatory until the storm blows over. He didn/t seem unduly perturbed, but it can't have been pleasant sat in the hutch with the cover flapping about. :(

Photos of the refugee, bless him:

PC080593.jpg

PC080594.jpg

Last edited:
poor spenser ..:(

wind is awful here too .. blew my hay bin open ... now all the top layer of hay is wet through .. :evil:

Glad Spenser is safely inside.

It's windy down here too, but nowhere near as bad as you've got it in Scotland. Hope you all stay safe.

It's a really good cover too - the same as some of the ones at BARC I think. These winds are something else though. It's not recommended to put heavy things on hutches, but I'm glad I have a few firebricks for days like today. I'm hoping it will calm down before Spenser has to go back to the hutch. He's fast aslleep on the conservatory sofa just now. :love:

i'm worried sick!
put the run up to the shed this morning and put the tarp over it. now panicking the cover might take off and move the run meaning the buns will escape... feel ill. :cry:

It's a really good cover too - the same as some of the ones at BARC I think. These winds are something else though. It's not recommended to put heavy things on hutches, but I'm glad I have a few firebricks for days like today. I'm hoping it will calm down before Spenser has to go back to the hutch. He's fast aslleep on the conservatory sofa just now. :love:

when i had outdoor bunnies i used to use an old washing line wrapped around taurpaulin several time, under the taurpaulin i had carpet with rubber sides for warmth, i used to tie the rope around several times and then tie it in a bow really tight, the winds never got the taurpaulin off after that :thumb:

It's recycling day here and the bins haven't yet been collected so the road is littered with bottles and paper :roll:

It must be very windy; it's bad enough down here today. I'm glad Spenser is safely inside, it's not just the wind is it, it's the dreadful racket the covers make when they're flapping about too. :( I hope the wind dies down a little before Spenser goes back out.

He he looks so comfy on the sofa :love:

its really windy here too...the wind lifted up a heavy duty corrugated sheet i have on the run, luckily I have tarpaulin on the run too and that didn't come off....have now got 2 wheel and tyres on the there :lol:

You do need to speak to your parents.He cant go back out in this!!!????
Its bad enough this end of the country.........

Could you bring his pen inside and keep him in overnight?

Afraid not. His crate is permanently up in my bedroom, but I don't think he would be allowed in for the whole winter. His poos are, er ... extremely whiffy! :mrgreen: I think his hutch would be warmer than the conservatory overnight.

Bless him he looks so perfect on the sofa and so well behaved. He sent a text to Beige saying his poos don't smell he was most upset by that comment.

Bless him he looks so perfect on the sofa and so well behaved. He sent a text to Beige saying his poos don't smell he was most upset by that comment.

Ooops.:shock: I'm afraid they do though. :oops: He's not eating his evening greens, so I think the weather really is upsetting him. Forecasts are mixed re. when the winds are to drop, but I am not at all happy about putting him out before they do. I might need to sleep in the conservatory with him!

Back