• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets again at 4.45pm

I just don't understand how he can be eating but his poo's are tiny :(

GI slowdown can occur over time, so if he's eating, you may be seeing the start of a slowdown, as the gut empties of the larger ones, the smaller ones push through :(

GI slowdown can occur over time, so if he's eating, you may be seeing the start of a slowdown, as the gut empties of the larger ones, the smaller ones push through :(

This. Hopefully some gut stimulants and painkillers will help get him back on his feet and avoid a full blown stasis episode.

Loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's the third incident of it in about 2 weeks, he has painkillers/gut stimulant and all returns to normal.

I then come down in the morning one day, Louie doesn't come with me, I know then we are starting the refusing food cycle again :(

He never has treats or any different foods, it just happens out of the blue.

I'd ask the Vet re the *possibility* of either cecal impaction or a urinary tract problem

Sending vibes for him xxx

It's the third incident of it in about 2 weeks, he has painkillers/gut stimulant and all returns to normal.

I then come down in the morning one day, Louie doesn't come with me, I know then we are starting the refusing food cycle again :(

He never has treats or any different foods, it just happens out of the blue.

Could it be all one episode that keep improving and then relapsing? How long a curse of painkillers does he have? When Smudge had stasis the vet wanted us to give metacam for a week afterwards even though he was back to normal.

Could it be all one episode that keep improving and then relapsing? How long a curse of painkillers does he have? When Smudge had stasis the vet wanted us to give metacam for a week afterwards even though he was back to normal.

The only painkiller he had was the injection given by the vets, he was back to "normal" though the day after.

The only painkiller he had was the injection given by the vets, he was back to "normal" though the day after.

I'm sorry to say this is how Ginger is at the moment, it's all one continued ileus episode with recurring spikes, background issue is her kidneys causing her immense pain by the looks of it, flushing her system with sub cut fluids, heavy pain relief and gut motility drugs brought her back round, and it lasts for ~ 1week but then it comes back again.

Think it might be worth Louie having some further diagnostics, such as bloods and xrays perhaps?

I'm sorry to say this is how Ginger is at the moment, it's all one continued ileus episode with recurring spikes, background issue is her kidneys causing her immense pain by the looks of it, flushing her system with sub cut fluids, heavy pain relief and gut motility drugs brought her back round, and it lasts for ~ 1week but then it comes back again.

Think it might be worth Louie having some further diagnostics, such as bloods and xrays perhaps?

Yes I do, something more needs to be done, it's obviously an ongoing problem that keeps resurfacing and we need to get to the bottom of it.

Yes I do, something more needs to be done, it's obviously an ongoing problem that keeps resurfacing and we need to get to the bottom of it.

Hugs Lily, like he or you needs this :(

Sending continued vibes for Louie.

Back