• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sometimes i really wish my girls were indoor buns!!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
:?

I have just been out to the buns for the 3rd time this morning to remove stuff that has blown into the front of the hutch :( They have their weather cover down and pegged down and they dont have access to the run at the moment while they recover from their spays and boy am i glad about that! I would have put them into the hutch regardless today as its plain dangerous out there! I have wedged their hay boxes infront of the bottom half of the hutch to stop anything damaging the hutch but im still really worried!!

Their hutch is inside a shed atm but the shed is longer than wide and has no doors so its more like a shelter... stuff is blowing around the garden like crazy :? I have tucked everything along the back all in hope it will stay there!!

Fingers crossed we will get the shed finnished this weekend and they can move in...I cant cope with the stress of them in the hutch during this weather!! :(

Changing their litter trays this morning was not fun! :roll: I always sit out there for a while with them while they eat their pellets and i sort the litter trays out but this morning the litter trays were wipped out and changed, pellets put in, hutch stuffed with fresh hay, apple sticks and fresh water and then I put the cover straight down again and came indoors! Poor buns!

Hope everyones outdoor buns stay super safe in this weather!!

Sebastian hates the wind, yesterday I couldnt find him and he was sulking in his bedroom and refused to move evn for pellets :lol: I put him in his carry box and he made a nest quickly :lol:

Luckily the rescue hutch (he's being bonded) is very sheltered :)

bring them in?
;)

I wish, they wouldnt get free range time at all becuase of the kids, we dont have a room them could rumage around in freely and so they would be stuck in their hutch or whatever. No garage either :( grrr. I never thought i would wish them indoors and had never considered the thought of indoor buns untill now!!

I know how you feel ,i hate all my buns been outside in the winter for them and me :roll:,i have 7 so bringing them all in isnt really an option although i did consider turfing the kitchen table into the garden to make room lol ,only prob is they live in three groups so wouldnt have much space ,hopefully this year will be milder than last :(

Back