• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from the vets!

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
Simba has been to see Aiden tonight at Ashleigh's vets about her snuffles. She has previously had 3 visits to Pet Medics in Manchester. First had metacam for a week, then baytril and metacam for a week, then baytril and metacam for three weeks without improvement.

Aiden was fantastic, Simba's chest and lungs are FINE which I am so pleased about. He thinks the vet who told me about Simba having crackling on her lungs was actually hearing sounds coming from her nose and not her lungs :shock:

Teeth were checked and they are also fine. Eyes fine.

She has been given 1.2ml twice a day of the banana flavoured medicine (not got it to hand and Simba is laid on my chest as I write this!). If this doesn't work, we will go for the culture and sensitivity test. But Aiden is quite sure it will work.

Obviously, we need to wait and see but I am so pleased. Alot of time and money has been spent so far! I feel like we have got to the bottom of it at last.

Simba was a darling at the vets, jumping up on to me and giving me a wash. She always seems to act like a child at the vets and it is so nice that she thinks of me as her mummy :love:

She wasn't too happy when we got back but she has had a bit of carrot and is happy now!

Glad she's fine apart from the sneezing :)

Does she like the banana flavoured medicine better than Baytril?

Yes, it is Septrin, that's it! Well she is on quite a large dose...1.2ml twice a day for 10 days and she lapped it up from the syringe this morning with no fuss!

She HATED the baytril.

Kept her beside my bed last night to monitor the sneezing, she woke me up three times which is very good for her!

Talked about spaying too (I haven't had it done yet and she is 7 months) due to her problems and when she had her temperature taken she started trying to hump the vet :shock::shock::lol:

Back