• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home Wood Pellets (cat litter)

Charm

Young Bun
I saw on this form somewhere that somebody used pets at home wood pellets (cat litter) think its something like £2.69 a bag. Just wondered if its any good for the litter trays. I am using newspaper at the moment with woodshavings on top. But one of the buns loves to dig it all out over the carpet! I would like to try it but dont want to poison my buns:(

i use the asdas own pellets or home bargains , it doesnt poison the buns and it works my buns wee and poo in the trays now and its well better to clean out x

I've used the wooden litter based ones and they were fine for purpose, but VERY expensive in comparison to say megazorb or aubiose :wave:

I use the PAH wood pellet cat litter in my litter trays. I find it brilliant. My Herbie is a bit of a digger, but the pellets seem to stay in the tray when he does it.

I have used this litter for over three years now with no ill effects on any of my buns.

I've used the wooden litter based ones and they were fine for purpose, but VERY expensive in comparison to say megazorb or aubiose :wave:

I buy the 30L bags at PAH, 2 for £16 and find that it is cost effective. I do agree that if buying small amounts then it may be more expensive.

I buy the 30L bags at PAH, 2 for £16 and find that it is cost effective. I do agree that if buying small amounts then it may be more expensive.

I guess thats not too bad :)

Megazorb is 85L for £7 from Farmway direct, or £8 from T.H.E, but i guess if you are going in store you're saving on the carriage too :)

We used to use those for the bunnies but switched to Megazorb as it's cheaper. However we still use them for the piggies (longhaired pigs and megazorb does not mix!) and they stay in the tray really nicely.

The only thing I would say is, if your bun is a digger you may want to get a hooded tray as when the pellets get moist they turn into a sandy consistency which could potentially get everywhere!

I find that Megazorb is so flyaway.....sticks to my socks and ends up all over the house!

Thanks for all your suggestions I think I will give the PAH ones a try cos they are handy for me.

I buy the 30L P@H wood litter for my cat litter trays so also use it for the 2 bunny trays too and its perfect.... £9 a bag or 2 for £16 last time I got some :D

Back