• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Fudge :( emergency vets yesterday :(

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Yesterday afternoon i went to feed fudge before starting work and i realised she had a dirty bum again (think its the excel so ive stopped for now) so i checked her litter tray incase she had any soft poop in there (dont want her standing on it) and noticed she had done a wee over the side of her tray!
So i wiped it up and it looked a lot like blood :( phoned the vets and they wanted her in right away!

The vet says that because she is still eating, drinking, pooping normally and being herself in general that she wasnt too concerned at this point so had a feel of her tummy and bladder and fudge was jumping all over the place! Vet said she was very tender and sore in her tummy and bladder area so is treating it as an infection and if things arent any better next week she is going in for a scan to check for bladder stones :(

Really hoping and praying my little girl doesnt have bladder stones, dont want her to have an opreation :cry: So so worried about her! Really want the antibiotics and pain relief to work!

Shes had a tough time lately and this is the last thing she needs! Her weight has went up which is good :)

Had a really bad day yesterday at work too! Because i was at the vets i was 1hour late for work and i got told not to let it happen again! They said if my "animal" is ill to get someone else to go or leave it til the next day :shock: I told them that it wasnt possible to leave it another day and things like this cant be planned so if it happens it happens and i will take her! Awful place to work i hate it :(

hope fudge feels better soon, sorry your workplace weren;t more sympathetic, id have gone mad and said just because they are pets doesn;t mean we can just
leave them, tehy are lives too, hugs to you and fudge

Hope Fudge is feeling better soon.

Some places Of work just dont get it do they!! I am very fortunate I can take TOIL in a situation like that but I still feel anxious that I may not be able2get to the vets in an emergency.

Lots of vibes.x.

Sorry your workplace isn't being supportive :( I hope it's nothing serious and the drugs do the trick. Sending lots of vibes for Fudge xx

Well her wee seems to be ok, a little orange than red/bloody so maybe what i thought was blood wasnt actually blood! But will continue the treatment until i go back to the vets next week!

She has however had the runs AGAIN thats 3times in a week and a half! Not sure what is the cause so stopped Excel as that was the cause when she was a baby and stopped all treatsfor now!

Poor wee soul was in pain today with her poorly tummy so a nice clean up to have a smell free bottom, some luke warm water with avipro, pain relief and some pellets seem to have cheered her up!

My wee munchkin, hope shes ok its her 4th birthday in 1week :love:

Back