• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whole apples?

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
Hey,
Did a quick forum search but couldnt find anything....can rabbits have whole apples?
We have one thats a bit damaged so would be going in the bin otherwise and dont want it to go to waste!

I 'think' they arent supposed to have the pips but I cant remember why :oops: Apples are high in sugar so should be fed little and occasionally

It's really too much sugar to want them to have all at once. The bad bacteria in their gut thrives on sugar, so having too much fruit can lead to bacterial overgrowth and potentially stasis.

Really, I doubt anything WOULD happen to a healthy bun, but personally I wouldn't take the risk.

Last edited:
The seeds contain a substance which is poisonous to rabbits so do make sure they are all removed.

I wouldn't even feed a quarter. I used to feed a small slither of skin which they loved but I stopped to try and stop them getting upset stomachs.

Personally I wouldn't feed more than an inch square chunk of apple at a time and only as a treat say once or twice a week or to tempt a poorly bun to eat again :wave:

Back