• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eye removal vibes for Dexter please

MichG

Mama Doe
My poor little man Dexter has an abcess in his eye due to Pasturella. It has now got to the stage where it is rapidly growing and causing him a lot of pain. So I made the tough decision that he needs to have his eye out now. He is booked in for surgery tomorrow. Apparently the anaesthetic is high risk with his pasturella and a very high e cuniculi count (which is causing him no symptoms!) but unforunately I can't leave it any longer, the antibiotics are not helping any more :cry:

My poor little man, I keep questioning if it is the right decision. I know if I don't go ahead it will be for selfish reasons only, this is 100% the right thing for my little man.

Can I have any spare vibes for him for tomorrow??

IMG_0050.jpg

Loads of vibes!
It does sound like the right decision. Grim has had loads of dentals with his snuffles and pulled through fine. I'm sure he will be too. :)

Loads of vibes!
It does sound like the right decision. Grim has had loads of dentals with his snuffles and pulled through fine. I'm sure he will be too. :)

He went to see Aggi yesterday and today, she has been absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately she is day off tomorrow so another vet is doing it, but he was the one I had seen for years before Aggi came along and is a VERY VERY good surgeon.

I know Aggi would not have suggested it if it didn't need to be done, but we have run out of options :(

Sending tons of vibes from us

Our Dylan had a similar op last month :(

How has Dylan coped post op?
The bit that gets me is not being to explain whats going to happen to him and them him trying to open his eye post surgery and not understanding why he can't open it.

Sending millions of vibes his way.

My bridge Nethie Orlando had this done - I think he was 6 at the time. He recovered fully and it really didn't seem to affect him. Unlike humans they don't worry about appearances, so it won't bother him on that level, and it's probably less important than smell and hearing. If it's causing him pain he'll probably be really relieved when it's over with. :wave:

If he's got a partner and you don't move his stuff around for a while I'm sure he will adjust fine. Okay, he won't be able to open his eye, but he won't be in pain any more! I'm glad you're getting on okay with Aggie. I miss her and Faye. :(

My first bun, Miffy, had his eye removed. He coped fine with only one eye :) Hope the op goes smoothly. Sending lots of vibes for Dexter xx

Loads of vibes!

I have just got back from the vets after dropping off one of our bunnies, who is now going under to have an eye removed after xray. It is possible Glaucoma or a tumour. If it turns out to be a tumour, the vet said the prognosis wasn't good so i'm hoping that it will just be an eye removal.

Not what i was expecting at the vets this evening for a routine tiacil collection and general healthcheck.

All the best with Dexter! Hope he copes well with having his eye removed and recovers quickly.

Last edited:
Loads of vibes!

I have just got back from the vets after dropping off one of our bunnies, who is now going under to have an eye removed after xray. It is possible Glaucoma or a tumour. If it turns out to be a tumour, the vet said the prognosis wasn't good so i'm hoping that it will just be an eye removal.

Not what i was expecting at the vets this evening for a routine tiacil collection and general healthcheck.

All the best with Dexter! Hope he copes well with having his eye removed and recovers quickly.
All the same for your little bunny and hope it is not a tumour
Thanks for all the vibes and good words, just want it over now xx

One of my foster bunnies had his eye removed on Thursday, he too is called Dexter :love:

He has been 100% fine since was eating within an hour of coming home, and was binkying around the next day. I don't think he has even noticed his eye is gone. He still has a long way to go before he can start looking for a new home, but I'm sure he will get there.

We're wishing Dexter all the best

Sending huge vibes for dexter, me and the buns will be thinking of him and sending him vibes tomorrow :)

What time does he go in for the op?

x

Well we are wishing you all the luck in the world :)

Please let us know how he gets on.

Huge hugs for you and noserubs for dexter :love:

Back