• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will they be ok?...

rachylou

Warren Veteran
To try and prove to myself that everything is safe I took our small bedroom bin upstairs to the bunnies, the reason I fear this bin is because when the lady from Horsell came over she rubbed against the bin when she was walking out of the room, since then I have cleaned the bin but it still doesnt feel safe.
I let them rub against the bin and I rubbed my hands all over it and then rubbed them.
Will they be ok?

Also I have a delivery from VERY, some coats to try on, I am worried that they may have been tried on by someone in Horsell before coming to me, do I need to wash them before I wear them?

They will be fine. I'm sure you don't need to wash the coats but if it would make you feel better then do, they'll be completely safe. :)

If I try them on, on the landing could any VHD fall off of them on to the carpet and be walked in to the buns? Or could it transfer off the coat on to me and then if I go in to the buns I will pass it on to them?

So it wasn't to try and prove to yourself that they will be alright, as you are still seeking assurance from us about that.

The issue isn't with what the item is, its your mind telling you that they are a danger and you not being able to tell truth from obsessive compulsive thoughts.

If you were able to believe us, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You can't fight your illness on your own. Unfortunately, its a moot point as i truly believe you need serious help with your mental health.

Whatever we say to you, your mind isn't going to let you believe us rachy, because you need to use logic to fight the illogical thoughts OCD provides.

The obsession: bunnies getting sick from transferred disease
The compulsion: check with RU, clean EVERYTHING that ANYONE comes into contact with

All the time you fulfill the compulsion, you are just feeding the vicious circle you are in.

(Disclaimer: to those of you who think i'm being blunt and harsh, i've been living with my now wife who suffers from OCD similar to rachy's for over 10 years and have learnt techniques on how to help her with it at times, so i'm just acting upon instinct)

Rachel you know the answer

You KNOW all these thoughts are irrational and as far removed from reality as it is possible to be.

You need to STOP pandering to the OCD. However many times we try to reassure you your OCD comes up with another convoluted and UNFOUNDED anxiety.

Only YOU can decide if you keep dancing to OCD's tune.

So it wasn't to try and prove to yourself that they will be alright, as you are still seeking assurance from us about that.

The issue isn't with what the item is, its your mind telling you that they are a danger and you not being able to tell truth from obsessive compulsive thoughts.

If you were able to believe us, we wouldn't be having this conversation. You can't fight your illness on your own. Unfortunately, its a moot point as i truly believe you need serious help with your mental health.

Whatever we say to you, your mind isn't going to let you believe us rachy, because you need to use logic to fight the illogical thoughts OCD provides.

The obsession: bunnies getting sick from transferred disease
The compulsion: check with RU, clean EVERYTHING that ANYONE comes into contact with

All the time you fulfill the compulsion, you are just feeding the vicious circle you are in.

(Disclaimer: to those of you who think i'm being blunt and harsh, i've been living with my now wife who suffers from OCD similar to rachy's for over 10 years and have learnt techniques on how to help her with it at times, so i'm just acting upon instinct)

It was to try and prove to myself and it was REALLY REALLY hard to do, I had to force myself to do it and then kept trying to self reasure but when it got really bad again and I started really panicing I came on here for a bit more support to back me up that what I have done is safe and I have not put the bunnies at risk. I am trying to fight this so much but anyone with a mental health illness will know you have many peeks and troths, especially when you are in the middle of a big medication change.

Tried it all on and have just confirmed to myself that I am a fat cow- none of it fit :cry:
Just had to get straight in the shower cause I was worried about VHD being on it all :cry:

Tried it all on and have just confirmed to myself that I am a fat cow- none of it fit :cry:
Just had to get straight in the shower cause I was worried about VHD being on it all :cry:

Can I point out that you have a three month old baby? And therefore you are not a "fat cow" - you body took nine months to grow Jack and might need nine months to get back to how it used to be, so give yourself a chance!

Oh, and your bunnies are vaccinated so they are safe..... Keep repeating this!

Your bunnies will be fine,honestly.
I have now had bunnies for 7 years!!I go walking the dog in the woods and on the fields every day and go see to the bunnies in the same footwear/ clothes.
My buns are vaccinated and I know they will be fine xxxx

Graham you have always taken the time to reply,it will help Rachy and others,we know that you are not being harsh

Your buns will be ok hun :love::love::love::love:

Back