• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cat beds as bunny beds?

catxx

Mama Doe
Does anyone use something like one of these with their bunnies?
comfort-pyramid-corduroy-cat-bed-8975-p.gif

Was thinking about shoving either something like that or one without a roof in my bunnies bedroom bit of their hutch. No matter how high and fluffy I make their hay, they stomp it all down and sit on top of it (if I've piled it high, that's stomping it all down as much as they can with their ears touching the roof!). While they probably like it like that, me being a worrying bunny mummy, I worry its not warm enough like that (totally underestimating the power of the furry winter bunny coat maybe?)

What do you guys think?

I had something similar but radish ate the bottom of it and used it as a digging hole :lol:

She loves the normal style cat beds though.

I got them one of these:
41PyCKrN7TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And they wee'd in it :roll::roll:

Maybe I'll look into a normal cat bed, as long as a bit of hay is on top they don't chew things up. They're very good with their peter rabbit baby duvet!

I got them one of these:
41PyCKrN7TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And they wee'd in it :roll::roll:

Maybe I'll look into a normal cat bed, as long as a bit of hay is on top they don't chew things up. They're very good with their peter rabbit baby duvet!

same they just wee on it or anything soft :lol:

I've seen some people use wooden or cardboard boxes in hutches stuffed full of hay so that it can't be trampled down but is more like a nest, would that work?

I had one of these for mine a long time ago. They jumped on top of it to squash it down.and dug and chewed at it until all the stuffing came out. :lol:

Back