• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just ordered another garden waste bin!

megansmummy

Mama Doe
from the council...ours is collected every fornight and im filling a whole wheely bin with hay/straw and newspaper etc each WEEK :shock: Now the weather has got so cold Im filling the bedroom bit of their hutch to the roof with fresh hay each day...as they use that as a litter tray aswell im having to empty and refil the whole thing each day plus the upstairs landing gets a clean carpet of hay every couple of days too and as a result am getting through a crazy amount of hay! (thankfully its only £4.50 a bale and I have just text the farmer again!! :lol: )

Still anything to know that my buns are snugled up clean, warm and dry :thumb:

My garden bin got refused as it contained 'pet waste' ie. bunny poop ... :( :lol:

Oh No! :shock:

Thats insane...the council empty the dog poo bins from the streets so how can they say they wont collect your rabbit poo??!! :roll:

you will need to check that they will empty two bins instead of just the one . . here they will only empty the issued number.

Every council is so different! Did look into getting another for our property as we share our bins with the two flats next door. But they have a rule that they'll only issue a second green bin if the household number is more than 5 people. Have no idea how to work it seeing as technically there's one bin for 3 households but only 4 people (excluding visitors) in total.

Made my brain hurt too much!

Back