• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping Outdoor Bunnies Toasty Warm

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

Who's put out snugglesafe heatpads yet? Mine have been having them for the past couple of nights and days. If the temperature is below 10C, they get the heatpad. They do like the heat as they are sitting on it in their run right now. :love:

And has anyone started giving their rabbits warm water yet? I've just started giving them some warm water in a bowl for them. They'll get this day and night for the rest of winter. I just think it must be like us having a tea or hot chocolate, it must be lovely to drink. :D

Ive been putting out snugglesafes everynight for a while now as we have had some frosts and it atleast gives them the options...think I might also close up one part of the hutch too.:love:

Nope, nothing yet. My garden is very sheltered as it's walled on three sides by houses and the buns are against my neighbour's house. We don't often get frost and their water bowl didn't freeze at all last year. I can even go out to see them without a coat. :lol:
They do have a carpet and fleeces in there but a re choosing not to sit on them.

I have been using heatpads too for the last couple of nights although im not sure about them really...when i have used them in the day they are cold just a couple of hours after putting them in :? and P&D seem to just lick the fleece covers and not sit on/anywhere near them!!
I have been stuffing the bedroom part of their hutch with newspaper then a layer of megazorb and then enough hay so that they have to burrow their way in pretty much! The upstairs landing of the hutch also has a hay carpet for now too :) I have also been leaving the winter cover over the top half of the hutch (using pegs to hold it up :lol: ) so that they have shelter from the winds up there. They dont have their run attached yet again since they have been spayed but when they do I will leave it wrapped in the clear tarp and put big hay boxes in there for them to snuggle into...

Spenser has been having his snugglesafe for ages, not fully heated if it is a mild night. He does sit on it that I've ever seen, but he grooms the fleece cover. He has two snugglesafes for when it is very cold, and extra straw in the hutch. The hutch also has a thermal cover.

Back